chapter 4

"A morning is a start of a new day, new hopes." Cool breeze. Chirping birds. Everything thing calm and silent. An energizing power to keep going. . A start to something new.

I head downstairs to the kitchen. Mom is cooking. Dad is helping her set the table. The breakfast was usual with so many random stuffs.

I drove my car to the school after picking Jack. He turned on the music as usual. He doesn't like when I try to pursue him to leave early for school. Without him it's no fun to hang around the corridors  I like to come early and just walk around the school. I parked my car in the parking lot . Usually at this time it's empty. Today is different. A few cars are parked there.

Our school has a very nice awesome structure. The playground is on the right side. Left side is a garden. The parking lot is in the front.

The school's gate is pretty crowded. Why everyone is in there. It's really suspicious. The people there are outsiders. In this early, students won't come. What's going there?
Me and Jack walks slowly to the crowd. But the scene in front of us was not what we expected.

Our gardener, Paul is hanging up in the tree. Policemen are trying to untie the knot. Why anyone wants him to die. He is an innocent soul. He smiles at every one sweetly.

They laid his lifeless body in the ground. More police came and trying to disperse the crowd. The principal announced there will be no classes for 2 days.

Everything slowly cleared. They take the body in an ambulance.

Livia and Amelia met us when we are leaving. They are also shocked. Livia knows the gardener. And she said Paul is really a cool man. Why would someone kill him. Exactly what I thought about him. We are in a shock. The ride back to home is also with a thick silent.

Everything changes in a blink of eyes. The morning was pleasant. May be it is a silence before the storm. We returned to my house . Mom and dad left for the office. Don't know how they take this. This is a shocking news for the whole town. Robberies or small fights are usual.

But a murder is happening here after 7 or 8 years . The last time it was 9ur mayor ,who  got shot. It's also tragic. So many people were in custody. Police patrolling over night. But they find the culprit and he is in jail. Don't know is there anything serious about this murder.

I have a tree house in the back yard. We headed towards it. We four are in a serious discussion about the matter. He will never do a suicide. He doesn't have a family. He is a loner. So it's not something like that issue. There are some injuries to his face. His clothes are dirty. It's not a suicide. Someone had hung him up.

" Is that a warning for our school." Amelia asked. She is really silent on the ride also.
She continues " I mean, if it is not why someone hang him up in the school. There is a reason for it. Unless the murderer is a psychopath."

"Someone entered the school the early morning. The school gate open at 7. The teachers will be there at after 7.30. The school starts in 9.00. The Watchman didn't come back after the vacation. Paul lives in the old building in the backside of our school now. He is also a watchman now. Maybe someone is trying to enter the school and he defends. I think it's like that."Jack said.

" Considering he is middle aged. If the murderer can hang him up that means he will knock him down in his first punch. But he, or they, Didn't leave him. Obviously their aim is not breaking into a school." Livia is really sad. Her tone makes it clear. He is nice with her. She sometimes helps him in the garden. She loves flowers so much. 

The discussion goes on. There is exactly something behind this, that's true.

The three of them left after the lunch. We four cooked food. But no one is interested in eating.

I came back to my room. Maybe the nagging feeling in the yesterday was about this. A desire urged  to go to the cliff side. But I am not in the  condition to drive.

Death is an uninvited guest. It will come when we are not expecting. Taking away and vanishing everything that is stored with the victims for the future. We don't know what will happen the next second. It's always a surprise we release the breath we take in.