Dick

I reached my arms out to catch her just as she collapsed. The waters subsided and disappeared like they were never there.

The only evidence that was present as a reminder to them was the large, perfectly-shaped, round-dent beneath their feet.

Persephone has long since passed out in my arms, she weighs nothing more than feathers. Dark shades were visible under her closed eyes.

Shouts came from the other side of the ruins and soon they came in to view. They stared down at us, some locals, some policemen, some reporters...

The league was informed not a moment later and we were soon met with the grumpy faced of our mentors.

Usual lectures were not my worst fears, nor was the death glare of the Dark Knight. That last part was mostly true.

I'm afraid of they they will do to the team, they aren't mentally trained. I'm afraid of what would happen to the girl in my arms. She's so weak and fragile right now.

Before they can even start talking, I opened my mouth.

"Look, we can explain-"

"It's not their fault." A voice weakly interrupted.

Someone gasped and I looked down. She has awoken and staring at the league.

"It's not possible..." the king said with wide-open eyes.

Persephone grabbed my arms and stood up.

"Orin, king of Atlantis. Your eyes have not wronged you, for I'm truly back."

She turned to the Amazon, who had in an equally awed expression and said, "Greetings, cousin."

The princess crossed one arm a crossed her chest and bowed to the demigod.

"My Lady," The king said bowing, "welcome back, we have missed you."

Persephone bows back.

"It's good to be back."

The Dark Knight looked at me with his usual harsh look. I know it before he says it.

"Explain."

HI, the author here. Just want to say that this might not be one of my best chapters in this book, I'm sorry: /