CHAPTER 9

Ichika's P.O.V
The journey wasn't at all long, and soon enough, we arrived in Kanagawa with little to no problems.

"Feel free to stay for as long as it takes to get back on your feet again", Seia assured me as I trudged through the door holding my somewhat overstuffed suitcase and Gingaburger's carrier. The alien guy followed suit, cradling Miko in one arm and two more suitcases were held in the other one. The look on his face was enough to tell me that he was just as tired as I was.

"Alright, so the guestrooms are upstairs, and my room is downstairs 'cause I like the smell of grass in the morning", Seia explained, gesturing here and there as an emphasis. "You can put your bags in your rooms first. Dinner won't be ready till 8:00 p.m.".

"I don't know what to say", I managed to get out before I let Gingaburger out of the carrier so he could stretch his legs.

"Don't say anything. Just get yer life back in order, girlfriend", Seia assured me, then cast a sidelong glance at the cat. "And uh...just make sure Puss over here doesn't make my rosebed his litter box. There's enough fertiliser for them".

"I brought his litter box", I told her. "Just let us put our bags away and we'll get everything sorted out".

Seia nodded and left us to it. The alien put Miko down and ditched his disguise, flexing his arms as he did so.

I apologise, but this is my first time using a human form, he explained telepathically. It will take some time before I get used to it.

"First time"? I asked as we carried our suitcases upstairs to the guestroom. "Does your kind visit Earth regularly"?

In part, yes, but at one point we were like humans, he murmured, turning the knob and opening the  door before standing aside to let me go in. Weird, I know.

"Weird? That's far from weird to me", I told him, plunking my bag beside the bed. "Anyways, how's this for a room on Earth"?

(Don't ask me why I said that. I just assumed his kind prolly has better rooms where they come from).

It wasn't a small room, but it was still a bit cramped by regular bedroom standards. There was a double bed, a spare wardrobe, a throw rug, a small vanity table with a mirror and a window with Venetian blinds. The alien dropped the other two suitcases beside mines and flexed his fingers next, sighing as he felt the soreness fade.

It will do, he assured me. He then excused himself to go take a dump, whilst I unpacked our stuff. There wasn't much I had brought along initially, but on instinct I had asked Seia to stop by a rest area that had a convenience store to purchase some toiletries for the alien. He came along, unsurprisingly, and most of what he picked was mostly men's stuff.

Also unsurprising.

What had been surprising, however, was when we had been purchasing snacks to nom on during the journey, and he straightaway picked a few bags of potato chips without even looking at the rack. It was like he knew what they were exactly and wasn't at all curious.

Weird, I thought, but decided to brush it off for the moment.

By the time I got Gingaburger's stuff, however, he had already left the room twice. The first time he left, it was to see how Miko was doing, while the second time was to use the toilet.

"You guys can use the bathroom"? I asked him as he settled in one corner of the bed.

He just gave me an aloof look as if to say you mean you don't?