Chapter 6: Bëśtįēś🧍‍♂️🤪✨

(There may or may not be amamiibo in this chapter because....period ig 🤪)

Third Person POV:

Just as Shuichi was about to begin his shift, a purple haired boy walked in, greeting both him and Rantaro. It's not that he wouldn't be surprised if Kokichi showed up today, but this early? It was only 9:00 AM. What would he even want from Papa John's at this hour?

Shuichi's POV:

Why am I not surprised yet surprised at the same time? Hearing what Rantaro said made me realize I would be seeing Kokichi a lot from now on and I better get used to it, but this early? While I did at least tolerate Kokichi better from talking to him last night, I still had the predicament that he was going to be extra annoying today... but I was wrong... kinda.
"Hey Rantaro! Shuichi!," said Kokichi Ouma, well, more like yelled... very loudly, causing me to cover my ears. How could someone as short and small as him have such a booming voice? It really puzzled me.
"Hey Kokichi. I see you're here early. I'm guessing Shuichi is the guy right here?," Rantaro responded, putting a hand on my shoulder.
"Yep. Shuichi Saihara. Guess I didn't introduce myself before."
"Say, Kokichi. How do you know his name?," Rantaro asked his short purple haired friend.
"We actually met in highschool. He actually goes to college with some of our highschool friends. Even shares a dorm with two of them. You remember Tenko right? We weren't as close in highschool as we are now, but I remember people saying you two were the best of friends. I don't even know how it happened. She hates guys. Like seriously, how did you even-"
"On with the story, but yes I remember Tenko."
"Oh right! Anyways! So after high school everyone kinda drifted apart and I recently reunited with Miu and Kiibo. You remember Kiibo~ Right~?" When Kokichi mentioned Kiibo, Rantaro's face became almost as red (YES I'M ADDING A RARE PAIR. FIGHT ME😡✨🧍‍♂️) as the uniforms we were wearing. (OK I DID MY RESEARCH AND IT TURNS OUT MOST OF THE UNIFORMS FOR PAPA JOHNS ARE ACTUALLY BLACK BUT SOME ARE RED SO WE'RE STICKING WITH THAT FOR THE TIME BEING🙄🤚✨)
"What happened with Kiibo and Rantaro in highschool," I asked, raising an eyebrow at Rantaro's odd response. Kokichi put his elbows and the counters and rested his face on his hands, looking up at Rantaro with a kind of look that could only be followed up with relentless playful teasing.
"Oh nothing. They just dated all four years of highschool. Speaking of you two. I-"
"That's enough Kokichi. Along with the story already- wait how did you know that? I barely talked to you in highschool.," Rantaro asked, trying to hide the blush that lingered on his cheeks. I can't believe Kiibo and Rantaro dated. They mentioned they had a boyfriend in highschool. We never really saw him much, but it was my current co-worker?
"Oh! Y'know! It was just a guess and definitely not because it was completely obvious. I may not have been that close with you and highschool, but you guys didn't even try to hide that you were in a relationship."
"Wait!? I met Kiibo's boyfriend once in highschool, but he looked nothing like you. In fact, he was literally the opposite!," I said, trying to contain myself.
"Yep. That was me. Changed a lot haven't I. Anyways, can we get back to the story. I don't wanna talk about this."
"Ugh. You're no fun Rantaro, but fine I guess. So I asked Miu if she wanted to reunite and she agreed and sent me her location. I just so happened to be walking by the college building so I got there quickly, only to be met with not just Miu and Kiibo, but Shuichi. Didn't even recognize him until Miu told me. Turns out she was in Shuichi's dorm doing maintenance or some shit. So yeah that's the story you oh so wanted to hear," Kokichi said, doing a fake proper accent at the end. Definitely the dramatic type that's for sure.
"Wow. Didn't know you guys had that much history." We had history? He's literally been friends with him since they couldn't even pronounce history.
"Anyways we should get back to work wouldn't you think so?," I suggested. Rantaro laughed.
"Yeah I guess you're right. Wouldn't wanna make Kaito mad now would we?" I smiled. For two people that first gave me the impression of being annoying and not hard working, they definitely started to grow on me.

Third Person POV:

The day flew by pretty fast, so pretty soon, it was lunch.

Shuichi's POV:

Ah it's lunch...IT'S LUNCH! Kaede said we could meet up at her work. I took off my headset and made my way out the door, only to be stopped by something, well, more like someone.
"Awwwwwwww. Shuichiiiiiiiii. Where are you goiiiinnnnnngggggg," Kokichi whined as he pulled on my sleeve. Oh yeah! Forgot to mention!...........He's been here all day.
"I'm going on lunch break to visit my friend at her work. I'll be back soon," I reassured him. Guess that wasn't the right answer.
"But Shuichiiiiiiiiii. I wanted to hang out with yooooooouuuuuuuuu."..........Jesus Christ.
"I mean..........you could come along if you want. I'm sure Kaede wouldn't mi-"
"KAEDE!? You mean the girl who used to play piano at all our school assemblies and talent shows!?"
"That's the one. Now come on, I really wanna spend time with her, preferably alone, but this will have to do." I walked out the door, Kokichi following.