n i n e

"We're here!" I called, watching as the people in the car with me stirred.

Everyone had fallen asleep, including the boys, which didn't surprise me. The long winding turns through the mountains were pretty soothing and if they didn't get me car sick, I'd be tempted to fall asleep as well. My siblings stretched their arms out and yawned sleepily, my dad and the boys doing the same.

"Alright everyone out." I climbed out of the car, my legs wobbling a bit.

They had been a bit cramped and stretched them out literally felt like the best thing ever. (You know the feeling) My dad tossed me the keys to the cabin and I raced up the steps excitedly. I pushed the key into the lock and twisted the door knob open. The door swung open, revealing a cozy tidy living room with an adorable brick fire place. I wandered inside, looking around like a kid in a candy store. What can I say, I'm a sucker for cute cabins. The kitchen had an old gas oven and stove with a short white refrigerator. In the cabinets and drawers were dusty pots and pans, cute glass plates, oldie utensils. I was in heaven. This place was adorable, not to mention the fact that I would indeed be cooking most of the meals. (By the way, if you couldn't guess, I'm describing a family vacation that I took to North Carolina)

"Kat, take your stupid suitcase!" Julie stumbled through the door with both of our suitcases in her hands, the boys trailing behind her.

She tripped over my suitcase and I raced towards her, catching her before she could hit the floor. Julie grunted in annoyance, dropping my suitcase and dragging her own towards the stairs. I haven't even looked up there yet.

"I call the biggest room!" I called, tripping over my own feet as I raced Carlos and Julie up the stairs.

I swung myself around a corner and slid across the hardwood on my socks. Thankfully I was sliding into the largest room because my socks caught on a door stopper, launching my forward. I let out a scream, hitting the floor on my side. 

"Ow!" I gasped, groaning as I rolled onto my back and staring at the ceiling.

"You okay, Katie?" Alex stood over me.

I nodded, reaching my hand up towards him. He grasped it in his own, pulling me to my feet. I stumbled a bit before running my hands through my hair. Alex giggled and patted my back comfortingly. 

"You're such a klutz." He teased, flopping down on the large bed that I had claimed. 

"Luke said you were the klutz of your group when y'all were alive." I crossed my arms over my chest and smirked.

"I was not!" Alex sat up, slapping a hand over his heart dramatically. "I admit that I was the dramatic one but Reggie was the clumsy one! That's why you guys deserve each other."

I giggled and climbed onto the bed beside him. "I don't deserve Reggie." I paused a moment, thinking over my words. "But I'm really glad he decided I was good enough for him" 

Alex pulled me forward and hugged me close to his chest. I grinned as he pressed his face into the crook of my neck.

"You are the best thing that's happened to that idiotic, adorable, panda-faced boy." He pulled away and rested his hands on my shoulders. "Don't ever think you deserve anything less than him." He laughed.

"Thanks Alex." I squeezed his hand in mine. "You're a great friend."

"I know right!" He stood up, walking towards the door. "I'm gonna go see what Julie's doing. Maybe catch Luke and her flirting."

"No Alex leave her alone!" I broke out into a fit of giggles, running after him.

He poofed out of my room, Reggie poofing in front of me. He picked me up and slung my over his shoulder. 

"Reggie no, Alex is gonna ruin a moment!" I squealed, thrashing around.

He laughed, tossing me forward onto the bed. I sat upright, crossing my arms and pouting at him. 

"Stop, now I feel bad." He lay on his stomach in front of me, propping his head up with his hands.

"As you should." I smirked. "Now Alex is gonna ruin a cute Juke moment."

"Juke? Who's Juke?" Reggie asked me curiously.

"It's Julie and Luke mashed together, Juke! It's their ship name. Like ours would be Keggie or...Rat!" I laughed.

"First of all, why and please no. Second of all, what's a ship name?" He made a horrified expression as I told him the funny ship name.

"A ship name is when you mix two people's names together to make one. It's like a nickname for the relationship. A ship is something you want to happen romantically. So a ship name is a title...I guess." I shrugged, watching with amusement as his face reddened.

"S-So you want something to happen romantically between us? And Julie and Luke?" He stammered. 

"Maybe." I replied innocently, leaning forward and pecking his lips gently.

His face reddened even more if possible. I laughed and brushed a few strands of hair out of my eyes. Reggie smiled at me giddily. He leaned forward, pressing a warm kiss to my lips. I smiled, pushing myself forward and wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him into me. His arms encircled my waist as he pulled me up onto his lap. My hair fell off my shoulders and slid softly against his cheeks.

"Am I interrupting something?" Alex's voice scared the shit out of me.

I jumped out of Reggie's lap, rolling off the bed and onto the floor. My heart pounded aggressively in my chest as I sprang to my feet.

"ALEX!" I screeched, lunging towards him.

He laughed cheekily, bounding down the hallway and into the room Julie had claimed. I leaped onto his back, tackling him onto Julie's floor. She yelped, her and Luke jumping onto the bed. I pinned Alex down on his stomach. He squirmed under me and let out pleading words. He laughed fearfully.

"You ruin moments!" I growled out. "You moment ruiner!"

Luke laughed as Reggie ran into the room. Reggie reached for me, grabbing my waist from behind and dragging me off of Alex. Alex rolled onto his back, watching as my body was lifted into the air. Julie giggled and shook her head.

"Reggieee!" I squirmed in his grip. "Put me down!" 

"Nope! You're just going to attack Alex again." He chuckled.

"Reggie if you don't put her down, you're next." Julie smirked as his smile fell nervously.

He dropped me onto the floor, my feet coming into contact with the hardwood once more. I turned and brushed past him gently. I walked down the stairs and out the door where my dad was trying to bring in bags of food on his own.

"Dad! If you needed help why didn't you ask?" I ran up to him and took many of the bags from his arms.

He smiled gratefully and walked with me to the kitchen where we dumped the bags. I began un-bagging the food we had brought with us, sorting it into cabinets. My dad wheeled a cooler into the kitchen and I opened it, taking out some of the cold food and drinks and placing it into the fridge. When all the food was nicely put away, I went back up to my room and flopped down onto my bed. I pulled the blanket over my body and felt myself drifting off.

"Kat?" Reggie whispered.

I let out a low groan, signalling that I could hear him. He climbed into the bed beside me, laying back against the pillows. My eyes fell closed and I rolled over so that I was facing him. My head rested on his chest and he stroked my hair. Oh god he knows how to relax a person let me just tell you. Within minutes of the boy playing gently with my hair, I had fallen asleep. This was going to be a splendid vacation indeed.

Hola my luvs, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I love making Kat seem childish, it's fitting. Oh and if you couldn't guess, a lot of this story is based off me! Kat is kind of a reflection of myself but WAY more confident and obviously more successful in terms of love life. I try to make her seem like the oldest and most mature baby of the house. As always, if you have any feedback, it is welcome in the comments. Have a lovely rest of your day :)