t w e n t y | o n e

I tore through my closet, hastily trying to find clothes for tonight. This was it, this was most likely the end of Jatie and the Phantoms. I had to find something perfect. There was a poof from behind me, making me twirl around with a grin. The boys. 

"Hey boys." I laughed, turning back to my closet.

"Whatcha gonna wear?" Alex asks curiously.

"U-Uhm. I don't know. But I want it to be special." I smile. "Tonight is the most important night to me."

The boys approach me, surrounding me in a group hug. I lean my forehead against Reggie's chest, letting myself relish the feel of them all around me while I still could. I think that's one of the main things I'd miss the most. Just having them around me. Suddenly I felt tingles scorch up and down my body and I was in the studio. Julie stood near the doors, clearly a bit startled.

"Hey, Jules." I laughed.

She grinned, waving. "Hola." She shifts her weight a bit. "Hey Luke, erm, can I talk to you for a moment?" 

"Sure of course." He smiles, walking over to her.

Reggie encircled his arms around my waist, picking me up and carrying me to the other side of the studio. I giggled, turning around and hugging him. 

"God, I'm going to miss you so much." He whispered, leaning down and pressing his forehead against mine.

"I'm going to miss you too." I looked up at him. "So, so, so much."

"I wish we didn't have to cross over." He whispers, watching for my reaction. "I never wanna leave you. 

"I wish you didn't have to either but...but I refuse to have you stay here, in excruciating pain, until you die." I told him sternly, my lip trembling slightly.

"But what about you? You're getting the jolts too." Reggie looks extremely concerned.

"Don't worry about me. Julie and I will figure it out. I'll be okay, I promise." I smiled up at him reassuringly.

The truth is, I had no idea if I was going to be okay. I was hoping that after we played the Orpheum, these jolts would go away. But I couldn't confirm that exactly. I was terrified. He stared down at me for a moment before nodding slowly.

"Okay." He kissed my forehead, grabbing my hand and leading me back over to the group.

Alex walked behind me, wrapping his arms around my stomach and pulling me into a hug. I rested my hands on his, closing his eyes. Alex was one of my best friends now. I would miss him so much. I would miss them all so much. Luke and Julie rejoined the group.

"Band circle." Luke nodded to us.

We all surrounded each other in a circle. I rested my arms on Julie and Reggie's shoulders, looking at them all.

"Julie, Kat, you guys are insanely talented. And just because we'll cross over, doesn't mean we won't be watching over you from above. Or below..." He nods towards the ground, clicking his tongue.

I shook my head with a laugh. "Let's hope you get wings and a halo instead of horns, Luke."

He smirks at me, glancing at the boys. "Anyways. Tonight's the night boys. And gals. We're going to rock that place like it's never been rocked before! Now, let's get to it." 

We all backed away from the huddle. I put my hands on my hips, grinning at Julie triumphantly. 

"Julie!" Our dad honked the horn.

"Kat, you're driving yourself right?" She asked.

"You know it!" I nodded.

"Alright, see you there Kitty." She fist bumps me, running out of the garage.