s u m m e r ; 15

Bright's

I gazed at the gem of the dark sky, the stars. I was calmly sitting at the side of the beach with a beer buried in the white sand. I let the sound of the waves played into my ears and my eyes were stuck into the beauty of the scenery. It is so calming. I had a chance to reminisce moments in my life especially to him. The first time I and Win met, it was so unusual because we fought over a simple thing, the ripe mango over our backyard. I smirked as I remembered what happened that day. He cried even we are already 13 at that time because of a piece of mango. I drink a little amount of beer and let the bitter taste of it illuminates my tongue. After drinking a little amount of alcohol, the realization hit me as I remembered that he will leave me anytime now. Summer will end soon and it's a farewell for both of us. I looked into the white sand with a bitter expression on my face.

"I will surely miss you" I muttered to myself and drew his name into the sand.

Why do people always feel sad every time someone is saying goodbye to them? Is it because they are afraid to lose that person? Is it because they don't want to be alone when the cold wind strikes at night? Or maybe, some people didn't confess what they feel about that person and when they are ready, that person is ready to leave too? In my case, I was afraid to be alone again and lose myself. Back then, when I thought I lose him, Agony entered my system and I let myself drowned in it. But time heals everything. I found myself not longing for his presence at that time because maybe, I was growing and being mature. I managed to control my emotion. I continued writing our name into the sand until a heavy step of feet was ranging to my place. I slowly lift my head to see who It was. It's him. With his eyes that are like the stars, his smile that lifts my mood.

He cutely tilted his head before smiling widely at me

"Are you okay?" asked Win and he offered his hand, an indication for me to stand up. Instead, I tap the side of my place and offer him to sit next to me. Win happily went to my side and rested his head on my shoulder. The wind was calmly playing with his smooth hair and I was just staring at him while he was busy gazing at the waves. Win breathed deeply with no reason and so, I asked him.

"What's with heavy breathing?" I asked him. It took him a second before responding to my question.

"Hm? Nothing. I just love the atmosphere in here" replied Win while pointing to the stars in the sky.

"Ah, you only love the atmosphere?" I whispered and I think he heard what I said.

"What?

"Nothing"

The place was now filled by the noise of the waves rushing to us and the crickets were happily singing at night. It was a full moon and I found the light of it very romantic. We maybe not speaking to each other but our hearts have a connection that even we don't speak, we know what we both want. My back was aching maybe because I was sitting for a long time now.

"My back wasn't okay, I guess," I said and Win looked at me with concern. He removes his head resting on my shoulder and sits properly.

"Because you're sitting for 2 hours now." Said Win weakly laughing while caressing my hair slowly. I just stared at him while he was playing with my hair.

"Win" I called out his name. He stopped from his business and gave me a smile

"Are you leaving?" I muttered with my voice covering with seriousness. He buffered and stiffened from his place as soon as I asked him that question. I knew it. Win will leave me right after this season. I smiled at him while he was still staring at me and his mood turned into a gloomy one.

I caressed his hair and smiled at him "If you want to go to Bangkok but you are also a concern to me, please choose what will make you happy"

I wish Win will stay at my side even after the summer but we are dealing with reality. I can't please him to stay because he also has life and problem to deal with. If begging someone was a way of being selfish, I will be selfish. But I realized, if they want to stay at your side, they will. People come and go after all.

"Bright"

"It's okay"

Win jumped out of his place and hugged me tightly. Why do I feel like this is the last time that we will be together and... I have to wait for another summer again to have him in my hands. If genie does exist, I wish that summer will never end so that I can have the person I value the most to my side.

My back was aching and I stood up to stretched up since I was sitting for too long. Win and I both went to our room and clean up ourselves. I went to my bed and Win was standing near the window. I gazed at him and eventually went to his place. I back hugged him he just smiled at me and stared into the moon.

"Are you okay?" I asked him and he nodded his head as a response. I sniffed his shoulder up to his neck. His cool scent was very addictive. He finally bails out his attention to the moon and faces me. He looked at me passionately and the thing he does was a bit unexpected. He kissed me slowly and the rest was history.

**

Private blog posting

@brightvc

Moon Gazing

Fire burning

Waves roaring

Sadness was approaching

;

I should feel happy

On what happened today

Win kissed me passionately

But

Why do I feel so confused?

Is that kiss tells me

He loves me

Or

He will leave me