Chapter 8

Two weeks passed since Rachel's party and now, unexpectedly, everyone at school feels sorry for me after what Rachel did to me. Now, I'm currently in my house, in my bed, because I caught a cold when I was walking in the rain after I left the party. My mom was extremely furious with me because I could end up back at the hospital, but thanks to God it was a simple cold and I had to stay at home for a few days.

Pete came to my house wearing a mask on his face. I came downstairs and saw him with the mask and asked him with my raspy voice, "What the hell are you wearing?"

"I love you and all, but I'm already paralyzed, and I am not planning on getting sicker with a stupid cold you got from being an idiot who walks underneath rains when they are depressed," Pete said then moved his wheelchair to the living room next to the sofa.

I sat down and told him he was making a big deal out of it and he said that he was being caution, unlike me. We talked about school and how funny it was that people were attacking Rachel on social media for what she did to me at her party. Pete asked me how I was with Jordan after that whole fight we had. We haven't talked since then. Well, more like I've been purposely ignoring him while he tried to talk to me, but he deserved it. Pete said that I was acting like a baby and that as soon as I went back to school that I needed to hear him out. Suddenly, the doorbell rang and I went with my blanket on my back to go and get it. Carlos was standing on my porch with a bag of Nicki's dinner meals.

"I love you so much, thank you," I said to Carlos and grabbed the food then went to my kitchen.

"Hey, Pete, how are you?" Carlos said entering the house and giving Pete high hive.

"I'm great thanks," Pete said. His mom came honking at my house and Pete said his goodbyes then left.

Carlos and I sat on the counter and ate our meals. I had a potato soup with mozzarella sticks and Carlos ate a medium burger with fries and a chocolate milkshake. After we ate our food, we went to the living room and Carlos came to help me with the missing school work I had.

"The food was amazing! Back in LA we had something similar to this dinner but this one is almost the same!" Carlos said looking like he was having a good time. "So, um, Jordan told me about what happened yesterday with this Jonah boy and I think he was overreacting a little, but I sort of understand why he acted the way he did," Carlos told me while he was playing with his left overs.

"Really? Why?" I asked Carlos blowing my nose with a napkin. "You're aren't the type of guy to make assumptions about something without letting that person explain first."

"You have point! I like to see and understand each other's point of view before I give my reasoning. It's just that I've known Jordan for quite some time and for him to care about someone is quite impressing to be honest because he doesn't really have a good record with past girls. I know that you're very special to him, Ophelia, and I'm very happy he feels that way about you. Jordan is very lucky to have you as a friend," Carlos said and smirked at me.

"Look, I now understand why it's so rare for him to be with someone he actually does have feelings for, but that doesn't change the fact that he needs to control his temper." Not only am I saying this for Jordan's own good, but I'm also saying it because that night when he yelled like a crazy person, I was scared. More like terrified because I've never seen this side of him before and I didn't like it at all.

"I see...It was also a bit of a shock when you told me how he reacted, but you know what? For him to react that way is also a way of showing he cares for you. Sure, he was acting a bit—"

A random person came toward us and interrupted, "Are you Carlos Everdeen?" the man said looking a little confused.

"Yes? Do I know you, Sir?"