Chapter thirty three: Contraception?

Start from the beginning

"Yes I have seen that they have a good success rate and yes we will definitely still use condoms. I would say that we have sex 5/6 times a week obviously depending on if we are working away from each other but it's usually 5/6"

"Right I do believe that either of these two will be your best option. With the implant, once it's in it stays there for 3 years unless you want to remove it early and when you have it removed it'll take around 2/3 weeks before you would be able to start trying for a baby and with the coil, it lasts for 5 years unless you want it removed early like the implant and as soon as it's removed then you'll instantly be able to start trying as you'll be fertile straight away. Are you looking to start trying for a baby soon?"

"Well we are getting married next year and as soon as we've done that then we want to start trying immediately. Now that you've mentioned about the implant and the coil, I think I'm more interested in the coil. I like the fact that you can start trying as soon as it's removed and you haven't got to wait"

"I also think the coil is probably the best option for you from what you're telling me... so are we going with the coil?"

"I think so but first I think I need to go home and discuss it with my fiancé and see what he thinks and then when I've done that I'll make another appointment with you, if that's okay?"

"That's absolutely fine Jen. You speak to your fiancé and just ring up when you're ready"

"Thank you for all your help, I'll be in touch shortly" 

I stand up, shake Dr Mannings hand and make my way to the car. I drive home and I'm going to speak to Brad about my options as soon as he gets home tonight.

*Back home*

When I get home I make myself comfortable on the couch with a big fluffy blanket whilst I look over the leaflets again. Two hours later I hear Brad's keys in the door. He comes in, puts his bags and keys on the table by the door and comes to see me in the living room.

"Hey baby" He says as he bends down to give me a tender kiss on the lips

"Hey babe, sit down for a minute I need to talk to you about something" I say as I pull Brad's arm making him sit next to me

"Remember a few weeks ago I said I'd book an appointment to see about contraception... well I had the afternoon off today and I had an appointment a few hours ago"

"Well... how did it go?" Brad says taking my hand in his

"We have narrowed it down to two options. Option one is the implant. It goes in the top of my arm just under the skin and it's active for three years but when you take it out you're not fertile right away, it takes a few weeks for the hormones to leave your system. The second opinion is the coil. It gets inserted into my cervix, it lasts for five years and when it comes out I'm fertile right away. I know that I won't have it in for 5 years but you can have it removed whenever you want" I tell him handing him the leaflets

"They both sound good baby. Which one are you going to choose?"

"Well that's what I wanted to talk to you about. I wanted your input too"

"But it's your body Jen and you can do whatever you want with it"

"I know but I wanted to include you. If I'm honest, I'm leaning more towards the coil purely because of the fact that I'm fertile instantly after it's removed"

"That's true. If that's what you want to do then I say go with that one but won't it be awkward with the Dr looking down there. Also won't it hurt when it gets inserted?"

"Seriously Brad... I go to the gynaecologist once a year for a check up, there's nothing to be awkward and embarrassed about. Yes it probably will hurt as it has to go through my cervix but that's why you're coming with me. You need to hold my hand so I can squeeze it if it gets too painful" I say laughing at him

"And don't worry, with the coil sex will be exactly the same. It won't change anything" I also tell him to reassure him as I know he'll be worrying about that

"I was just going to ask that" He says laughing. Once I've decided, I call Dr Mannings back and she said that there's an appointment in two days so I can go and get it inserted.

*Later evening*

Jen and Brad have been engaged for a while now but they have been so busy that they have yet to have an engagement party so tonight they are going to have it at Courteney's house as she's already dedicated herself to the hostess. Typical Courteney.

(Courteney's P.O.V)

I woke up early this morning so I could go to the party planning shop as soon as it opened. I'm so excited to plan and host their engagement party. I've got so many decoration ideas too. When I went to the shop I got a giant engagement ring helium balloon, loads of silver and gold confetti in the shape of a ring, punch blows and a few other decorative pieces.

(Third person P.O.V)

Courteney has told Jen and Brad to arrive at her house at 8pm so they decide to get in the shower now so they have more time to get ready. Brad gets into the shower and Jen follows shortly after. He turns the water on nice and hot and pulls Jen underneath. He begins to wash her hair and massage her scalp. She loves it when he does this, it's the little things he does that makes her fall for him even more than she thought possible.

Once he's done washing her hair, he turns her around and she wraps her hands around his neck whilst he cups her face with his. Jen leans in and they share a passionate kiss. Jen slips in her tongue and it meets Brad's, playing together as they are intertwined in each other's mouths. They both let out small moans and Jen can tell that Brad is getting turned on as she can feel something hardening on her lower stomach. As much as she wants to continue, she has to break the kiss because they need to get ready. Jen pulls away leaving both of them breathless.

"Babyyyyyyy" Brad says pouting trying to pull Jen back into the kiss

"We don't have time babe. Save it for tonight after the party. I promise you it'll be amazing" Jen says as she taps Brad's chest as she gets out of the shower

"But we are staying at Courts tonight"

"So? We can still do it, I have a room over there that's just mine. All we have to do is be quiet" She replies wrapping a towel around her body

"Are you sure you'll be able to do that Jen?" Brad says winking at her as he knows that she is incapable of having sex quietly

"Shut up... of course I can do it" Jen laughs as she knows what he's talking about. He is right though, she does tend to get quite loud.

Jen dries and styles her hair in loose curls and she picks out a sparkly dress with heels and a matching clutch bag. She applies light makeup, adding silver eye shadow to match with her dress. Brad wears a suit with a silver tie so it matches a little with Jen's. Jen walks out of the closet and Brad is tying his shoes on their bed.

"How can you possibly be real? You are absolutely stunning" He says as he looks up and sees Jen standing there all dressed all ready to go

"You're too sweet but I'm nothing special baby" Jen says she makes her way to their bedroom door. Brad stands up and walks towards her grabbing her hand

"You are incredibly gorgeous. I often still think to myself how lucky I am to get to love you and to have you in my life. I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else. Jen you are my life... you are my future... baby please don't think any less of you. I love you so much Jen" Jen's eyes fill with tears. It's no surprise since she is such an emotional person. Jen doesn't even have to say anything, Brad pulls her in and gives her such a tight hug. They stand there for a few minutes with Jen's face buried in his chest.

"I love you so much too" Jen replies slightly choking on her words. They go downstairs, grab everything they need and leave to go to their party.