My bagel was perfection, as always. I finished it just before the train arrived, tossed the wrapper in the trash, and piled onto the subway with a million other people.

I managed to get on early enough that I could get a seat, normally I don't bother since the ride to Chelsea is pretty short but it felt like a good idea today.

I took my glove off to swipe through my Instagram while I sipped my latte. The business page was doing good, this silly app brought in a lot of clients and that's exactly what I needed. Studio space in Manhattan was certainly not cheap so I needed as many clients as I could get.

The train came to a halt just a few minutes later and I shuffled out the doors, back into the cold. The latter helped warm up my insides at least, that was a small improvement.

I walked two blocks down from the station and dug into my coat pocket to find my keys. The lock on this door is finicky so you have to juggle it a bit and sometimes bang it against the door before it finally clicks and unlocks.

I was slightly flustered by this point but I made my way inside and headed to the mailboxes on the left side of the lobby area. I grabbed any paper mail I needed and then found the two large boxes that were addressed to me and stacked them on top of each other.

I can lift this myself, right? Yea. Yea. It'll be fine.

It was not fine. I almost threw out my back trying to get them in the elevator,  thank god one of the other tenants walked in to help me. I thanked him and laughed awkwardly at his odd jokes as we rode the elevator up. He got off before me, luckily and I was able to make it to my floor in one piece, sliding the large boxes out in front of me.

I opened the creaky old door and pushed the boxes inside the studio, taking a second to just admire the beautiful brick and huge windows in this space.

I bought this studio space after I'd been in the city for about six months. I used the money I had gotten as a graduation gift and saved up the little bit left that I needed by bartending at a dive bar a couple of blocks from my apartment.

I knew how fortunate I was. Sometimes having a crooked family really did come in handy in the financial department. That was it though, I used it all on that space, everything else I have I have paid for myself with the good clean money I make by wearing revealing ass clothing in front of trashy men.

I walked to the small office space I have set up in the back and started to shed layers. The black leather gloves and beanie went first, the black puffer next, and the brown cardigan went after that. I was left in my favorite jeans and a tight long sleeve, with my chunky gold hoops.

I shook my hair out to avoid too much hat hair and headed back to the open space to inbox the goodies I had ordered.

I pulled out yards and yards of gorgeous fabrics in soft cream, rich teal, and vibrant red colors. They would make gorgeous backdrops or props for boudoir shoots. 90% of the time that's what this studio was used for, the brick was beautiful in photos, and the huge window made for incredible shots without having to worry about people seeing their clients because we weren't facing too many other buildings.