10. kiss it better

It was a Monday morning and it felt like it

It was a Monday morning and it felt like it. Everything felt groggy and heavy and gross. The streets were extra loud that day like they were angry too. It was dull outside, the skies were overcast but it wasn't cold necessarily.

Usually, my period didn't make me this moody. Usually, I was pissy for a day or two before it and then I was fine. I didn't know what this mega wave of hormones was, but I knew I didn't like it. I planned to stay in bed all day since I didn't have anyone in the studio.

I was going to roll a fat joint and eat nothing but pizza rolls and just never put pants on, and then I realized that I was out of toilet paper and I only had a quarter of a bag of pizza rolls left. That was not gonna cut it, so I dragged myself into a pair of biker shorts, a matching sports bra, and an oversized hoodie. I grabbed my purse, put on my shoes, and begrudgingly ventured out of my apartment.

I was perusing the shelves with a basket full of snacks and toilet paper when I heard an all too familiar chuckle come from the aisle I was standing in. I didn't bother looking at him, I just threw a box of mac and cheese in his general direction.

"What are you laughing at, Shortstack?"

"You, Wanker. How long were you gonna stare at the fucking pasta? Just pick one."

"Leave me aloooone, I was deciding! Maybe I wanted lots of them!" I whined at him.

"Ohh, you're whiny today! Missed that so much."

I glared at him while he approached me and took my basket. He pulled four different kinds of boxed pasta off the shelf and shoved them inside before turning and walking toward the register.

"You gonna stand there like an idiot or are you planning on moving?" He walked up to the check stand and slapped my wallet out of my hand when I came up behind him.

"Louis!" I shouted at him in annoyance.

"Whoops." He said without looking at me.

"Pack of blues too, please." He nodded to the cashier while I bent down to grab my poor wallet.

The cashier packed up all of my groceries into two tote bags and handed Louis his pack of cigarettes which he promptly slipped into his back pocket.

"Thanks, mate, have a good one. C'mon Ash," He said before grabbing both bags and walking toward the exit.

I followed him out and pulled the lighter bag out of his hand. "You didn't need to do that, but it was nice. Thank you." I nudged him with my elbow as we walked.

We walked toward my subway station but as we got closer Louis grabbed my hand and pulled me across the street with a small crowd of people. There was a woman running, a couple with a baby stroller, a man on the phone, and two girls giggling at their phones.

"That train doesn't go to my house! Lou!" He ignored me and kept pulling me behind him.

"I know where the train goes. We're going to breakfast." His scrawny legs scramble down the steps while I follow behind him.