forty | narration

"it's the first day of school and you're already creating trouble!" taeyong nagged at eunseo the moment they stepped out of the guidance office.

"dahye it hasn't been an hour since i accompanied you to your room and what the heck happened?" renjun dragged dahye away from the scene, with donghyuck trailing behind them.

jiwon looked to her left, and there was eunha, whose arm was still bleeding because of the commotion. "are you alright?" yangyang asksed her and eunha slowly nodded. "let's go to the clinic..." he helped her stand and they slowly walked away from jiwon.

"what the fuck yangyang her arm is hurt not her leg!" jiwon wanted to yell at the cheesiness. but she knows that she's acting like this because she's alone.

she decided to skip the next class since it's the first day and it's gonna be filled with introductions anyway. she sat on a chair in the hallway.

her elbow was on her knee, while her forehead was on her palm. "jiwon just what the fuck are you thinking?" she whispered. "at least eunha wasn't injured or anything..."

"are you alright?"

jiwon looked up only to see jaehyun handing her a bottle of water. although jaehyun didn't say much, she could see the worry in his eyes. "thanks." she said, grabbing the bottle.

he smiled slightly and sat beside her, "what happened back there?" he asked. but then slightly regrettingit afterwards upon seeing jiwon aggressively crumpling the bottle with her own hands.

"that son of a bitch almost got eunha injured? like what the fuck, not on my watch?!" she stood up amd massaged her temples. "i was so glad that yangyang called me, eunseo unnie and dahye. and i was so thankful because lucas stopped us, if not, that bitch would have gone bald, i swear!"

jaehyun slowly smiled upon realizing that jiwon was talking to him again.

"what are you smiling at?!"

"you're talking to me again." jaehyun stood up and faced jiwon. "look, i'm really sorry if you thought that i lied..." he sighed. "it was supposed to be a plan but my dumb ass forgot to inform the others..." he scratched his nape.

"plan? what plan?" she asked.

"i don't have to pretend. we both don't need to pretend. let's make it real, jiwon. you and i."