✈33) Mishaan ki Pari is her parents last symbol

Haq muje bhi toh hai, pyaar main bhi karu
Ye bhi hai koi gunha

Ishq mehsoos karna hai, abh umra bhar
Bin iske jeena bhi kya

-Silsila Title Track

33) Mishaan ki Pari is her parents last symbol

Pari always imagined her life with her parents. She always wanted a normal life. A life which included her parents, her sister Mishti and she. Since life had been cruel to her, she couldn't get that perfect life. Not that she wasn't thankful to her grandmother, and Mishti and Ansh but yet, her heart always longed for her buddy, her maa.

And she knew it will always long for them.

But as she sat next to Mishaan, who just told her his tale, she had this heavy feeling in her heart. Like life with parents wasn't necessarily all good and shiny.

Because parents make mistakes too.

And like Nandini and Kunal Malhotra, Mr and Mrs Mehra, Mishaan parents did a lot more wrong to their children and the youngest of the lot got the massive hit of the pain.

Mishaan's parents had married only because their casual relationship was marked by the conceiving of Mishaan's elder brother, their eldest son. To hide from social remarks, and to not taint their reputation, Mr. Mehra decided to marry the girl he didn't remotely loved hoping that this arrangement would only be beneficial for his company's name and fame. Mrs. Mehra, nervous and afraid of her own family, agreed readily not thinking about ifs and buts.

Their cordial marriage then resulted in a few years of complete peace and harmony where with Mishaan's elder brother, his sister and he followed. But sooner, the namesake relationship started to show it's true colors and the fake romance shown in front of social parties was tuning into aggressive fights and screaming at home.

Where the elder children handled themselves, Mishaan couldn't see his two parents fight day in and out like animals, constantly at each other's throats and at war. His grooming was completely sidelined to his mother who adored him, but he could see how suffocated she was with him and this marriage.

And Mishaan's fears came true on his tenth birthday, where finally being tired of Mr. Mehra's endless affairs and her lack of control over her own life, they decided to call it quits.

The divorce was well received by the elder kids, knowing that this was what was anticipated and they were glad to get rid of the constant yelling and mental trauma on them. But Mishaan, the ten-year old was stubborn and didn't want his parents to give up. He never was close to his father because his mother always kept him under her care, because his father was always into other's affairs than his own. Yet he wanted a normal family, normal parents.