He forced a smile. "Hey."

"Listen, I didn't mean to—"

"Where is everyone?"

Jeongguk stopped by his bedside. "They, uh, left. Said that they'll sleep over another time. I felt bad, but they thought it would be better to give us space... to talk."

"To talk?" Taehyung gave him a halfhearted laugh, as if the idea was ridiculous.

"Yes, Tae. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings—"

"You didn't hurt my feelings." A lie.

"I did."

Taehyung sat up, his smile becoming more and more forced. "Want to play a game?" He asked, changing the subject.

Jeongguk's eyebrows furrowed as he took a seat at the edge of the bed. "Taehyung—"

"First thing that comes to mind. C'mon." The brunette said with false cheer. "I'll stick to one word I promise."

"But Tae, if you just let me—"

"Are you ready? Maybe we'll get it this time. What are you thinking about in three, two, one—"

"You." Jeongguk said, exasperated, "I'm thinking about you."

Whatever Taehyung was about to say died on his lips. His mind drew a blank at the words Jeongguk let slip.

Every second that sat between them stretched into what felt like minutes, staring into each other's eyes— the gateways to their souls they say— like that was all there was left in the world.

Each other.

Taehyung could feel the tears rising again, seeing the way Jeongguk looked at him but recognizing that it meant nothing more. So instead he turned the other way and curled himself into a ball.

Suddenly the mattress dipped and Taehyung knew the ravenette was climbing into bed with him by the way the blanket was tugged on. What he didn't expect, however, was the arm that draped over his waist and wrapped around his torso, followed by the warm body against his back. Jeongguk's breath tickled his nape as he spooned the brunette.

Taehyung froze in his embrace, his mind running in all directions.

The ravenette's voice was thick with emotion. "Hold my hand. Please, Tae. I regret letting go."

Taehyung slowly complied, reaching for Jeongguk's hand and hesitantly threading his fingers into his. The ravenette held him tight, practically gripping onto him. And suddenly Taehyung felt whole again. Holding Jeongguk's hand in his felt like the most natural thing in the world.

"I'm sorry, Tae, I'm sorry." Jeongguk mumbled, nuzzling against the brunette's neck and once again being engulfed by his scent. "I was scared of what my dad would think. I didn't mean to hurt you— and I know I did. Fuck, Tae, when I saw that look on your face— you looked so hurt and disappointed. I never hated myself more. I'm so sorry."

Taehyung remained speechless, but he squeezed the ravenette's hand with the reassurance that he was listening.

"I don't ever want to make you feel like a secret I'm trying to hide. You're important to me. You are. And I'm happy to be your soulmate." Jeongguk went on. He was blabbering now. "Heck, I'm happy to be anyone as long as I'm somebody to you."

"Jeongguk..."

"It's my dad that I'm scared of. We've never really talked about anything related to sexualities before." The ravenette continued without a moment of thought, revealing perhaps more than he intended to, desperate to keep Taehyung close. "I'm afraid of how he'd react if he found out that I was gay and that I—"

"Bambi—"

"— love you."

__________

the end

wow i can't believe we reached the end of the this book!! i want to give a big shout out to everyone who went on this journey with me because it truly means the world—

i'm kidding lmao
i wouldn't leave you like that

phew mah boy dropped the L bomb i'm so proud of him :) i wonder what happens next

*i tried inserting a gif of a bomb going off but wattpad said nope ♥️*

ITS JINNIE'S BIRTHDAY
and abyss is gorgeous
his solo songs are always and forever my favorite and they always and forever likes to stab me in the heart

also why have i never seen characters with non binary identities before? i'm sure there are books out there but i haven't come across any

joon isn't gonna make that much of an appearance in this book tbh, just cause he really doesn't play a big role
but maybe in the future, once i do enough research to learn how to— i can write more important characters who have they/them pronouns
cause i dunno if there's a right way to write them (?) and i don't want to do it incorrectly

anyway
another remind that i'm
eternally grateful for you

oh ANDDD this book won second place on another bts awards ship category :) 🏆
i'm honored and humbled and happy

wow they all start with h

like me

- hay