III

Fridays were her easiest days it seemed. Well, homework wise. 

She had a couple important meetings in the morning regarding a wide range of things. She had a study group session while also meeting with the lawyer she currently works for, going over cases. The usual. 

She even got lucky enough to not be on the schedule for work this Friday, at the cafe she works at to help support herself. She loves working and staying busy but she's extremely overworked. She would never admit it to anyone though. 

She sits in the library of her well accredited law school as her phone vibrates. 

Unknown: I missed you at the bar last night :( 

She instantly smiles as she creates a contact for Colby. The idea of knowing who this was without second thought both terrified her and excited her. 

Ryan: I've just been insanely busy these past couple of days :/ In desperate need of a break 

Colby: Well what about dinner?  ;) 

Ryan: well that would be lovely :)

Colby: 11246 West Charleston Blvd. I'll see you at 6:30? :)

Ryan: I can do that :) 

She types in the address to her phone just to see exactly what it is. It's a simple little diner, nothing fancy. That was something she liked. She was never one for extravagant dates and she was glad Colby seemed to be the same. 

The place happened to be 25 minutes from the library. It was currently 5:55 and she had about a ten minute walk to her car. "Fuck." she mumbles to herself as she gathers her things from her deep dark wooden table. She shoves random papers into her brief case and purse as she realizes she won't have time to change. 

"Jesus Christ." she says as she takes in her nice and tailored pencil skirt, white blouse, and basic black heels. This was typical attire for her meetings but not for a first date. She lets out a sigh as she grabs her things and makes her way out of the building. 

Her heels click against the sidewalk as she hustles to her car. She's not one to keep people waiting. She's in fact very punctual. 

As she finally makes it to her car she's quick to take the large clip out of her long hair and shake out her half assed curls she did this morning. She fixes her hair and applies a little bit of makeup where needed. If she can't change, then she might as well make her face and hair presentable. 

The drive was rather smooth but she still managed to show up a couple minutes past 6:30. 

She snatches her purse from the passenger seat and swings it over her shoulder. She then slams the car door and tries to act normal as she approaches the diner. 

She sees him almost as soon as she's inside. She's quick to flash him a smile.

Colby takes in her appearance as she approaches their table. He instantly knew he caught her in middle of something but she looked so stunning in her business attire. It left him in awe and he had to tell himself to stop staring. 

"Sorry I look so official. I had some cases to go over this morning and I didn't have enou-" 

"No you look stunning. Don't worry love." he cuts her off, making her cheeks glow due to the small flattering compliment. "But in the future, you should tell me when you're too busy." he chuckles. 

"Oh so he thinks he's gonna get a second date already?" she smirks. 

"Why of course." he says, matching her energy. 

Word count: 604 

I'm currently quarantining and something came over me and told me to write :). I hope you all enjoy this. :)))) It's been too long!