V

Ryan 

I was now working on my fourth glass which could be a problem for multiple reasons. Wine always manages to loosen me up in multiple ways. I never have an issue speaking my true thoughts while drinking it. Fortunately, Colby didn't seem to mind. In fact he was on his fourth glass as well. 

He's quick to finish his glass. "I'll get you another," I'm quick to offer as I shoot up out of my spot on the couch. 

"I should really call it quits for the night. I'm sure you have some things to do in the morning." 

"I actually don't" I smirk as I sit my self back down and move a little closer to him. This wine really is doing a number on my courage tonight. "Stay" I whisper softly, now only a few inches from his face. So close I'm sure her could feel my breath fan across his lovely face. 

Colby

Her breath fans across my face as my heart beat accelerates. We've both picked up some courage with these few glasses of wine so I'm quick to respond to her plea by placing my hand on her bare thigh and muttering, "Only if you pour me another glass, angel." Her cheeks heat up but she doesn't drop her smirk as she stands from the couch and makes her way to the kitchen. 

"You sure do have a lot of wine." I shout to her with a low chuckle. 

"It's my favorite and I'm a law student what do you expect?" she jokes as she plops back down next to me and hands me the glass of wine. 

I grow eager to know more about her. Not this surface level stuff, I want to know what really takes up space in that head of hers. What keeps her up at night. 

"So why'd you invite me here?" I ask with a bold smirk. She's quick to adjust herself in her seat. Her feet are now draped over my lap and I don't mind one bit. Her liquid courage peaks through as she gives me a quick answer without remorse. 

"I wanted to get to know you better. It's easier to do that in a more intimate space." she says, motioning towards the entirety of her apartment. I smile due to the fact that we're on the same page. 

I notice that her glass is low yet again so I just grab the bottle from the kitchen and sit it on the coffee table after I pour her another glass. 

"What's your favorite place that you've traveled to?" she blurts. 

"Egypt. What about you?" 

"I haven't traveled much." she responds with a sad tone. 

"Well where's one place you've always wanted to go?" I ask with a smile. She's quick to answer, "Greece." I give her a silent nod due to it being a rather good pick. 

"So what's a girl like you doing being single here in California?" This makes her chuckle. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asks. 

"Nothing." I laugh. "You're just beautiful." 

"Well I haven't had a boyfriend since undergrad." she responds seriously. 

"And why's that?" I pry. 

"I just haven't found anyone worth my time." She states confidently. 

"And I am?" I ask scooting closer. 

"Maybe" she whispers as my eyes flick down to her lips and then back up to her eyes. My heart rate picks up as I hear her breath become more intense. 

We meet each other in the middle and our lips crash together. The kiss is gentle yet so full of lust. It must be the wine. 

My hand finds the nape of her neck as she situates herself on my lap. There's such intense passion behind this kiss that I can't help but predict where this is going next but I don't want to do this now. She's drunk, I'm drunk. 

I pull away smoothly from the kiss as our chests heave up and down. I can read her face and I know this could potentially be taken the wrong way. 

"Th-this is amazing but I'd rather not do this while we're both intoxicated. Why don't we watch a movie and maybe get some sleep." I offer to her. I see the relief wash over her flushed face. 

"Good point." she chuckles. 

Word Count 719 

I can feel a spicy chapter coming soon....;)