VI

Ryan

Of course I wake up with a raging headache as the light peaks through my bedroom curtain. It's odd rolling over and seeing Colby. It's been so long since I've shared a bed with another person. I didn't mind one bit. We spent the whole night intertwined with one another. 

Although it's great, I can't help but think that we've just met one another. So maybe its a good thing that Colby stopped us last night. Last night truly wasn't the time. 

I really don't know where we stand but I know I really like his company and he seems to be growing on me. But of course it's hard telling how he truly feels. I can't read his mind (although I'd like to). 

"Good morning." he mumbles as he wakes up. I give him a small chuckle as I push some hair off his forehead. 

"How's your head?" I ask, wondering if he feels as bad as I do. 

"Not too bad actually." 

"Lucky you," I say rolling my eyes. 

"Well getting breakfast could fix that." he offers. 

"Hmmm so are you asking me out to breakfast?" I tease. 

"Unless you're tired of me" he chuckles. I let out a sigh as I remember I have to cram for a couple exams today. 

"Uh oh. You are tired of me." 

"No. No. Not at all. I just have some exams to cram for today. I'd love to do a raincheck though." I say with a big smile painted on my face. 

"Of course, beautiful. When works best for you?" 

"Well what about your schedule?" I ask. I'm really starting to get curious about his line of work. Especially if he doesn't ever have any super serious things to get done. 

"I make my own schedule." he says with a smirk. 

"Well aren't you lucky." 

"Soooo what do you think?" he continued to press the situation. 

"I'm down for whatever. My Monday and Tuesday are pretty free." I offer. 

"How about I set something up for Monday and I'll come pick you up." 

"What should I be expecting?" I ask as I squint my eyes slightly. 

"I'll text you details later but for right now you need to get to studying." I instantly frown. I don't want him to go. I feel so attached to his presence even though we haven't known each other long. 

He rolls out of bed and gathers his things. I pull myself out of bed just so I can walk him out. 

"I'll see you Monday." he says as I open the door for him. 

"Monday." I confirm with a smile. He places a sweet kiss to my forehead before I watch him leave. I close the door behind him with a sigh.  

I don't know what I've gotten myself into. I don't even know if I have time for something serious. I also don't know if he wants anything serious. I haven't really had the best luck with men so of course I'm weary. Especially since I can feel my attraction towards Colby grow every time I see him. 

***later that night***

Colby: wear something casual and I'll pick you up at 6 :) 

I smile at my phone as I read his text. I love that he took initiative to plan something for us. I've never had a guy do such a thing for me. I begin to think of things he could have possibly planned for us. 

Me: Sounds perfect :) 

I find it hard to focus back on my studying. I can't get the thought of Colby out of my head. I also can't help but wonder how I ended up in this position. 

Word Count 614