Chapter Five - Yule Ball

Yule Ball
(689 words)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N woke up to find herself still in the Forbidden Forest, laying on top of George Weasley. She glanced around, and it was actually quite peaceful waking up in a forest. She looked up at George, realizing that he was still asleep, still holding her with one arm around her waist and the other on her back. His arms could easily wrap around her, making her feel safe. Y/N moved down and rested her head on his chest. He smelt of cinnamon and just a faint scent of fireworks. She chuckled into his chest, causing George to wake up due to the happy sound.

"Still here, huh?" He said in a raspy voice.

"Well, not like I could leave. You wouldn't let go of me," she looked up at him.

"I wasn't holding you very tight, you could've left," he said, shifting his body to be more comfortable, "glad you didn't though."

They stayed there a little while longer, before they realized they should get back to the common room, before anyone would realize they were missing.

-------------------------------------

"Where were you this morning?"

Y/N turned behind her to see Hermione looking at her with a confused look. She took a second to look back at Mad-Eye Moody to see if he was looking and quickly whispered back, "I was with George."

"Y/L/N! Pay attention!"

Y/N snapped her head back to the front of the classroom, hearing students snicker. She scoffed them away and continued taking notes. She felt something hit her arm, seeing a paper ball fall to the ground. She looked around to see who threw it at her and met George's glaze. He motioned to the paper ball with his eyes as to say, "Well, are you going to read it?" Y/N bent down picking it up and un-crumpling it. She held it in her hands as she read, "I had fun last night, do it again?" Y/N had a good time as well, not that she would actually admit it, but without thinking, she quickly wrote her answer. She folded it back into a ball and aimed at George, although missing and hitting Fred in the chest. Fred looked at her with a confused fave until she pointed behind him. George smirked towards Y/N as he read her answer.

Once class was over, Fred walked over to Y/N. "Just friends, huh?" He rolled his eyes.

He had left before Y/N could ask what he meant. She didn't think much of it as she headed to the Great Hall to eat lunch.

As she walked in, she could hear a girl and a boy bickering at her house table. "Do you ever stop eating!?" Hermione yelled at Ron while hitting him with a book. Ron looked back at her with a disgusted look on his face.

"It's Lunch for bloody sakes! What'd ya expect me to do Mione!?"

Y/N walked past them, not wanting to break uo the fight, as it was quite an enjoyable scene to witness

"The lovebirds are back at it," George chucked as Y/N started putting food on her plate.

"I swear they do this everyday," she shakes her head.

Y/N began eating her food and talking amongst her friends. As they were getting ready to leave and and go to their next class, Mcgonagall spoke up. "As many of you remember, we have the Triwizard tournament, but we also have the Yule Ball. Yes, this is a ball, yes, this is a dance, yes, you will have dates," The girls looked at eachother and already thinking of who they wanted to be asked by, while the boys didn't look so amused. Mcgonagall continued talking, saying that the ball would take place on Friday, and then the Triwizard tournament would start on Sunday.

"Do you know who you're gonna go to the ball with?" George asked as they packed their things.

"Nope, not at all Weasley. I might not even go, I have to study anyway," Y/N replied, walking out of the Great Hall next to Harry.