Chapter Four - Sneaking Out

Sneaking Out
(581 words)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*George*

"Hey, where are you going?" Lee asked.

"I'm sneaking out with Y/N."

Everyone exchanged glances at one another, with shocked expressions.

"No! Not like that!" George exclaimed, embarrassed.

"Then in what way?" Fred chuckled.

"We're just friends."

"You sure about that Georgie?"

"Yeah, you guys have gotten awfully close, always teasing." Lee said.

"Friends do that all the time", George rolled his eyes.

"Not in the way that you two do", Fred and Lee both said.

George walked away, scoffing. But he knew they were right. He's only like that around Y/N. Most people think he's the quiet and shy type of twin, when that's not the case. He just doesn't necessarily find enough interest in them to be himself. With Y/N, it's different. He feels comfortable around her, and he knows she wouldn't judge him. She always knows when he's joking so he can joke around whenever he wants to with her. Most people tend to think he's not joking and it hurts them. He just cannot stand that.

George stepped off the last stair and sat on the couch to wait for Y/N. The common room door opened and George looked over, eager to see her, but it just happened to be Angelina.

"Is Fred in his dorm?"

"No, he's in Lee's."

Angelina nodded as to say thank you and walked up the stairs.

George laid his head down on the pillow and stared at the fire.

"Hi Weasley".

He heard Y/N's voice and instantly got up and turned around.

"Y/N/N, it's about time, c'mon", George said excitedly.

He grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the common room. He looked down the hallway to make sure no one was there and started running. It must've surprised Y/N because she let out a small scream. They continued running until they reached the outside and felt the cold air brush against their faces. It was quiet, but in a pleasant way. They walked down the hill, George still holding her hand.

"Georgie, where are we going?"

"The Forbidden Forest."

Y/N came to a halt, tugging on George's fingers.

"It'll be fine, I come here all the time, come on Y/N/N."

She started following behind George again, squeezing his hand, as he smiled to himself. Once they got to the entrance to the forest, Y/N moved closer to him, holding his hand and arm as tight as she could, scared that he would leave and leave her here. George looked down at her as they walked in. They walked for quite some time, until George guided her to a tree and sat down, looking up at her.

"Georgie, the ground is gross", she huffed.

He chuckled, "Sit on my lap then."

Y/N stared at him, thinking he was joking, until he patted his lap, motioning for her to sit down.

She got down and sat on his lap and rested her legs on his. George waited until she got comfortable and held her to his chest, while tracing circles on her hand with his thumb.

"We're just friends", he thought to himself.

He looked down at her.

"Hi", he chuckled.

"Hey Weasley."

George rested his chin on her head, continuing to trace circles on her hand. Y/N moved up, her face in his neck. She soon fell asleep as George rubbed her back and smiled. He closed his eyes and shortly fell asleep as well.