Sixteen

Brooke was sitting in bed. She was looking over the text message she had gotten. Someone knew about her and Simon. But it was an unknown number   She didn't know how she had been found out.

Brooke looked up as Tom walked in. He smiled. "Hey darling. You have to get ready now. We're leaving soon."

Brooke just nodded. She watched as Tom walked out the room and sighed. She climbed out of bed and got dressed. She didn't know what to do about the fact she was being blackmailed. Whoever knew about her and Simon, was going to tell the whole school. Brooke was scared.

***
Arriving at school, Brooke saw Simon who was standing with Max. Ella walked over to her snd smiled. "Hey babe. You okay?" She asked as she looked at her.

Brooke just nodded. But she wasn't okay. She was lying and she had to keep it all a secret. She sighed. "Where's Mia?" She asked.

Ella smiled. "She's gone back to daycare. So how about tonight you come with me to pick her up? Then we can go for a meal," she said.

"O-Okay."

Ella frowned. She could tell that there was something bothering her niece. She made a mental note to talk to Tom. To see if he knew anything about it.

***
Brooke walked into Simon's classroom. She looked at him. "We are in trouble. Someone knows about us. They sent me a text. I'm scared," she said.

Simon frowned. He looked at the text and paled. "Did you tell someone about us? I thought you were mature enough for this," he said as he looked at her.

"I haven't said anything! I'm not an idiot. Don't you think I know what could happen if anyone found out?"

Simon rolled her eyes. "Well someone clearly knows. And they're not going to have an issue telling everyone. Including my wife and your family. I could go to prison."

Brooke turned and walked out. She knew she hadn't told anyone. She was annoyed that Simon was accusing her of ruining what they had. Even if they weren't together anymore.

***
Brooke didn't know what to do. She sighed as she hid in the common room. She felt sick knowing that someone had seen her with Simon and that they could ruin her life. And Simon's life. She would be known as the girl who had a fling with her deputy head.

Tom walked into the common room and smiled. He sat down opposite Brooke. "Ella came to me today. She said you don't seem yourself. Are you okay?" Tom asked.

Brooke nodded. "I'm fine. I'm just not feeling the best right now," she said as she looked at him. She hated how she lied to her dad. But she wasn't going to tell him the truth. "Honestly dad. I'm just trying to adjust to all this work I have to do."

Tom nodded but he wasn't convinced. He knew his daughter and he knew when there was something bothering her. She was hiding something. And Tom was going to find out what it was.

But with the truth about to be revealed, would Tom be able to handle that his daughter had been having an affair with his colleague?