《C H A P T E R S I X T E E N》

Kiara's POV

Kiara's outfit for her day at the office

I had left the house very early at four in the morning actually. Carlos had got the location of Kieran's friend and turns out that he is actually an ex assassin who is now the owner of his own bakery.

Carlos was going to make sure the footage would be missing of me ever being there and no one would know footage was missing. I was parked across the road and watched him walk into his bakery. I got out of my car and walked across the road and walked into his bakery.

I was on high alert because this was an assassin, he probably knew I was here but if he was as good as I thought he wouldn't kill me but he might try to restrain me. I walked into the door that led me into the back of his bakery and took a deep breathe. As soon as I opened the door I noticed a figure move swiftly towards me from my peripheral vision but he wasn't fast enough. I ducked and swiped my foot and it caused him to fall. I sat on his back and restrained his hands with mine.

I took a breathe and said, 'Should I be worried that this was that easy?'

I was being cocky but he replied and said, 'I'm retired.'

I rolled my eyes and got off his back and he got up and I said, 'I assume you know who I am.'

He nodded and said, 'Yes Kiara Dempsey, what's with the visit?'

I scanned him up and down and my surroundings. I sighed and said, 'I want to know how many people you've told about what you know about my family?'

He rolled his eyes and said, 'That asshole.'

I cocked my eyebrow and said, 'How many?'

He smirked and said, 'You can chill with the hostility sweetheart your family has my loyalty. Kieran is the only one I've told because I'm more loyal to him more than anyone.'

I nodded and put my hands together, curiosity got the best of me and I said, 'Why did you tell him when he just asked for a number?'

He rolled his eyes and said, 'Is there anything he didn't tell you, I told him so he wouldn't be blindsided and if he knows you won't be able to break up with him for not knowing.'

I looked up at him from the ground and he had a knowing look on his face and I said, 'Okay you know too much.'

He shrugged and said, 'I didn't research that I just guessed. Kieran has never been in a relationship and I never want to see my brother get hurt so I'm always looking out for him.'

I was shocked for a second but schooled my expression and said, 'Well we aren't dating so don't worry about it. Thank you assassin guy.'

I was about to walk out and I asked, 'Do you have any fresh muffins?'

He nodded and said, 'What flavour?'

I thought for a moment and said, 'Blueberry please, seven please.'