Tommy Shelby imagine

The prompt requested was: "It's 2 am but you're craving cake and we're both up anyway so let's bake in our underwear".

Warnings: mentions of sex, cursing

Breathing heavily you rolled off of Tommy, laying down beside him.
It was already way past midnight but Tommy had been too busy as usual to come to bed at a reasonable hour, and he had been so moody and pent up that you had decided to lift his spirits.
Not too long ago, merely three months, this same act with him had brought you the greatest happiness you could have wished for when you found out you were pregnant.
You had a relationship as healthy as any newlyweds had so it wasn't surprising that you had turned out pregnant rather sooner than later, especially since your husband was Thomas Shelby.
Turning around in his arms so you were facing the ceiling you let out a heavy breath.
Your breathing had returned to normal and Tommy had leaned over to the bedside table to lit a cigarette before he lazily wrapped his arm back around you.
You could hear simply by the slow and heavy breaths Tommy took that he was exhausted by his day of work, probably tired too after relieving some of his stress with you.
Closing your eyes you tried your best to fall asleep, but you noticed quickly that it was to no avail.
You were wide awake, probably your pregnancy hormones messing with you, and the picture of a big juicy lemon pound cake appeared on the inside of your eyelids as if someone had put a projector like you had seen at the pictures inside your brain and your eyelids were the canvas.
You could feel liquid collecting in your mouth and you took a deep breath, holding it for a second and letting it go before opening your eyes.
Enough time had passed that it was now way past one in the morning, Tommy had finished his cigarette and you knew he was almost asleep, wanting nothing more than to abandon you for his dreams for the night.
You waited another minute now staring at the ceiling before you decided to break the comfortable silence between you.
"Tommy", you said, whereas other people might have whispered not to disrupt the night or the comfortable silence you said his name rather loudly, surprising him and yourself.
Tommy didn't even open his eyes as he hummed, his naked chest falling quickly with the soft sound he emitted.
"Tommy", you repeated as you propped yourself up on one elbow, your nightgown tightening along your chest as you shifted your body to take a better look at him.
This time Tommy opened his eyes, adjusting the position of his head so he could look at you properly.
His right eyebrow was halfway raised in a question glance and his groggy sleep drenched face almost made you smile.
"I want to go make some cake", you stated out of the blue, and Tommy Shelby looked at you as if you couldn't possibly be serious.
It was shortly before two in the morning but his pregnant wife had nothing better to do than think of food.
After a while of laboured silence Tommy chuckled, raising his eyebrow fully now.
"Yeah, so? Do it", he suggested before he leaned back comfortably again, closing his eyes before your voice disrupted his peace once again.
"Yeah, but not alone", you answered, and you could see how his chest raised in a silent sigh he didn't dare let out.
His eyes opened again as he watched you sit up and turn towards him, a pleading look on your face.
He knew that look, secretly he loved it, but he didn't want to admit it to himself or anyone else.
Glancing down at your middle that started to fill out slowly he nodded his chin towards your stomach before he looked back into your eyes again.
"You're not alone", he answered you, half joking, but the look of disbelief on your face made it difficult for Tommy to keep his relaxed and disinterested look on his face.
You waited a few moments longer before letting out a small laugh.
"Right, well, I don't think I want to have sex anymore, at least until my baby's born", you nodded decidedly and you could almost hear Tommy's internal groan.
"You've got to be fucking kidding me", you heard him whisper, his lips barely moving as he rolled his eyes, propping himself up onto one elbow.
Taking his sitting up as a sign you almost shot off the bed and headed to the door, not even bothering to slip on the shoes you had to protect your feet from the cold tile floor in some parts of the house.
As soon as you opened the door he sighed for real this time before pulling the blanket off him.
"Alright", he groaned as he pulled his feet free, setting them on the wooden floor of the bedroom.
"It's 2 am but you're craving cake and we're both up anyway so let's bake", he took a short time as he watched you vanish out of the room in nothing but your short nightdress, "in our underwear, apparently".
Letting out a short breath of air he smiled slightly to himself before getting up, following you into the kitchen with the slippers you had forgotten in his hand.
The next morning after you woke up and got ready you made your way towards the kitchen for your daily coffe when you heard voices talking about.
"Fuckin' hell what's this thing doing here?", you could hear John ask as you stepped towards the kitchen, the three quarter of the cake that was still left sitting nearly in the middle of the kitchen table as you had left it mere hours ago.
"Never knew we had a fancy baker in the family?", he went on and you heard Polly snort gracefully as you imagined her sending John a scolding look.
"Right, John, and who raised your sorry ass?", she questioned him and you heard John's grin in his voice as you opened the door.
"Yeah, Poll, you wouldn't be caught dead with a baking pan", he grinned and you could see Polly's smile as she swatted the boy over his head.
As soon as the others, Polly, John, and Arthur who hadn't said a word yet, saw that you had entered they shot you a smile, and you wished them a good morning.
When you offered them a piece of the freshly baked pound cake John raised his eyebrows.
"Didn't bake that yourself, did you?", he asked suspiciously and you chuckled softly.
"We made it last night", you answered, a smile spreading on your face as you took some plates out of the cabinet to put the cake on.
"Right", you heard Polly's harsh voice and when you looked up at her you could see her piercing look, not believing what she was hearing.
"'We' meaning you and the baby, right?", Polly asked and you laughed slightly at her strange question.
"Tommy joined me", you answered and you could hear Arthur choke on the tea he had been drink, spitting it out back into his cup probably not only through his mouth, and when you looked up from the plate you were preparing you could see the appalled faces of most of the Shelby family.
Just then you heard the door open and Tommy stepped inside, the shocked faces of his relatives now turning towards him.
"Well, good morning to you too", he said grumpily as his brothers and aunt only stared at him, moving to you to give you a short forehead kiss before pouring himself some tea.
"You going to bake more cakes for us if we ask you nicely?", you heard John's amused voice and a thud that was followed by an 'ow' when Polly undoubtedly hit John over the back of his head.
Tommy stopped dead in his tracks before he turned to face you, his expression serious and his eyes still showing how tired he was, annoyance playing on his face as he was debating how to react.
A grin spread on your face at John's question and Tommy watched you closely as it grew bigger steadily.
Before you broke out into a laugh you saw Tommy smiling slightly at your amusement.
"If I'm not too busy providing you and the rest of the family and firm with work and managing it then yes, John, I'll bake you a cake", he grinned tiredly.