22.

The next day Lia and I finished packing up all the new furniture and went to get some lunch. I enjoyed getting to know Lia and actually grew fond of her.

Sunday went by in a flash and it was now Monday morning. I was now sitting in the chair of my office. I started cleaning because there was a build-up of dust.

"April! Welcome back. it's good to have you back and well."

I turned around and it was my boss.

huh

This was the first time he's ever been inside my office.

"Mr Choi."

"Please April, call me Soobin."

I nodded and placed whatever was in my hand on the desk.

"Is there anything you need?"

"I just wanted to see if you're well, which you are. And that you should take it easy on working. I should have thanked you for all the hard work you do for the company. I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner."

This is new, and it's weird.

"Oh it's okay, thank you Soobin"

He smiled when he saw that I was comfortable using his real name.

"If you don't mind, Lia was promoted and she will work with you so that your workload won't be so much."

"Really?"

He nodded.

If Lia were to help, there would be so less to do.

This kinda feels too good to be true.

"If Lia is okay with it then I am" I was smiling for once. I haven't smiled in my workplace for the longest time. But these couple of days have been really good so far.

"Oh and we're having a party this afternoon if you want to come, there's alcohol too."

I agreed to go, this would be the first work-related party I will ever attend and I was excited.

When Lia came in the whole mood of the office changed. It was no longer a boring, quiet atmosphere but one filled with giggles and joy. Lia and I would make jokes of all the men that were on newspapers or on websites. We were telling stories and overall just having a good time. I'm not even sure if we got any work done but if this how I'm gonna work for the rest of my life, then I'm not complaining.

It was now after work and Lia and I made our way to where Soobin said the party was.

We made our way inside the building, which was a rented airbnb. There was loud music playing from inside the room which we could hear from behind the door.

"You think they'll hear if we just knocked?" Lia asked.

I shrugged my shoulder and proceeded to knock on the door.

Luckily someone heard us and the door opened to reveal another tall guy.

"Hey are you guys here for the company party?" He asked and we nodded. He moved to the side letting us in.

Inside we were greeted with many people standing, sitting or walking around. They were too engaged to what they were doing they didn't realise we were here. But it was not like I knew any of them.

I've only spoken to a handful of people in the company. The company was pretty big too and highly doubt they'll remember my name.

"wait here, I'll tell Soobin you guys are here." The guy who let us in walked away, getting lost in the crowd of people.