City of Dreams

"No need to worry Nia, todays gonna be perfect! I even made one of those schedule thingies"

"You made an itinerary?" Nia asked, pleasantly surprised.

"Yeah!" Tess pulled a crumpled paper out of her pocket and held it out to Nia, grinning proudly.

"Baby, this is just a list, theres no times on it."

Tess waved her off and stuffed the paper back into her pocket. "This is a legit itena-whatever! its even got those little dot thingies."

"You mean bullet points?" Nia laughed, and Tess smiled. She liked it when her girlfriend did that, especially when she was the cause.

"Yeah, those!" Tess put an arm around her. "Let's just go with the flow, babe! Thats what this city is all about!"

Tess looked at Nia expectantly, who seemed to be mulling it over. "I dont know, Tess, we could barely take the train by ourselves in Chicago..."

"Hey," Tess put a hand on her face and Nia visibly relaxed, leaning into her girlfriend's touch. "We got this. Trust me. I come here like every summer. I take the train with Brooklyn Jimmy all the time."

Nia bit her lip and Tess tensed, ready for her to call it all off, but after what seemed like decades she leaned in and gave Tess a small peck on the lips. "I trust you. But there better be a museum on this itinerary of yours or I'm taking my ass back to Brooklyn Jimmy's apartment."

Tess was still reeling from the kiss, but managed to get her thoughts together enough to smile at her girlfriend and squeeze her hand. "Thats the first stop, I know my girl better than anyone."

Hand-in-hand they made their way downtown and only took the wrong train once before getting directions and finding their way to the Museum of Natural History.

Tess admitted it, this wasn't her top choice, but that's what she got for dating a Nerd like Nia. At least she got to watch her girlfriend's awestruck expression and listen to her talk for what seemed like hours about each of the historical landmarks.

When Nia sat down to watch some informational video about evolution, Tess used that as an opportunity to sneak into the gift shop and get Nia a plush. She chose some pink dinosaur with a really complicated name, but it was glittery so she was sure Nia would like it.

When she got back her girlfriend was still enthralled in the video and probably hadn't even noticed she was gone, which was fine by Tess since it meant she was enjoying herself. Without a word, she handed Nia the plush and watched as her girlfriend's face lit up with a smile.

"This is so cute!" She squealed, only to be shushed and given dirty looks by everyone else in the museum wing. She mouthed 'sorry' and Tess tried her hardest not to bust out laughing. "This is the cutest Brachiosaurus I've ever seen, I love it!" She whisper-yelled, ignoring the glares from the people next to them.

"What're you gonna name it?" Tess asked, putting an arm around her to lean closer.

Nia thought about it for a moment, then lit up. "Sonia Sotomayor!" She decided, eliciting laughter from her girlfriend. After a few more dirty looks, they decided to move on and explore another area of the museum. The butterfly conservatory proved to be Tess' favorite, since for some reason the winged creatures seemed to love landing on her. Nia took it as an opportunity to snap a few pictures for her instagram

After finishing up in the museum, the two made their way towards Tess's favorite basketball court where a tall, handsome boy immediately approached them with a basketball under his arm.

"Hey, cowboy, whats up?" Tess greeted, and the two clasped hands. "This is my girl, Nia. Nia, this is Lucas, local New York cowboy." Nia gave him a small wave, too busy holding her dinosaur for a proper handshake.