5

Class had ended for the students about 30 minutes ago. Yeona had split from Yonghee and Dohyun a few minutes ago to go art shop. The group decided that they would use acrylic paint on a 24x32 canvas. She only had a few colors in a small amount, so decided that she would just get the canvas and paint while it was in her mind. 

"Yeona! How's school?" The store clerk, Mr. Kim, asked. He was a nice old man, spending his days selling art materials and pieces to any one he could. 

"Well, we're doing a project and I need a really big canvas."

"How big we talkin'?"

"24x32?"

"I think I got a few in the back. Let me go check for you," he replied. 

"Oh no hurry. I need paint as well, so take your time."

As Mr. Kim walked to the back room, Yeona walked to the side of the store to find paint. 

The store was set up very nicely. Right when you walked in, the front desk was directly in front. To the right, multiple shelfs are different types of art materials and resources. To the left, was an area Mr. Kim would hang up paintings given to him or made by him. All of which were up for sale. 

Yeona went up and down each aisle, trying to find a set of colors, when the door bell jingled. It didn't catch her attention until a hand landed on her shoulder. Yeona jumped, surprised the person tried to touch her, until she realized who it was. 

"Hyuck? What are you doing here?"

"Renjun and Jaemin needed stuff for their projects and I just tagged along," the boy explained, pointing behind him at the pair. 

"Oh, what are there projects about?" Yeona pondered, looking back at the shelfs for the paint she needed. 

"Uh, Renjun won't tell me about his because he thinks we're gonna steal his ideas and Jaemin is going to be doing a sculpture? I don't really know how to explain it."

Bending down to pick up a 25-pack of 8 ounce acrylic paints, Yeona stood up to look back at the boy and laughed. 

Before Hyuck could say anything, Mr. Kim called out to her from the front desk. She smiled at Hyuck lightly before making her way over the him. 

"I found one under many, many, many boxes of watercolors."

"Great. Can you ring me up that and these paints?"

"Of course," Mr. Kim replied. After looking everything over and ringing it up, he announced, "Ok, your total is $58.27."

Yeona nodded her head and then looked down at her bag to get her wallet. She shuffled through her bag and ended up finding it inside her biology binder. Looking back up, she was shocked to see Hyuck holding up a receipt, bag full of paint, and the canvas under his arm. 

"I paid for it already," Hyuck stated, smiling sheepishly at the girl. 

Taking the canvas from under his arm, she replied, "Why would you do that? I had it covered, I told everyone I would buy these things."

"Oh come on, you'll be alright. Now, lets go. We can go walk this to your apartment. We have like 20 minutes till class starts," Hyuck announced, walking out of the store and down the street. 

Yeona, hot on his tail, mentioned, "It'll take us 15 minutes to walk there. And let's not forget we have to come back. Plus, you just left Jaemin and Renjun."

Hyuck turned around fast and looked at the girl. He took the big canvas from her arms and replaced it with the bag of paints. 

"Ok, 1. Jaemin and Renjun are big boys, so they can walk back to campus on their own. 2. I have earth science next and you have biology. We can skip one class, it won't hurt."

Yeona watched Hyuck, surprised at the way he was acting towards her. She ran a little to catch up to him after a while. 

"Fine, but if we get in trouble, you're taking the heat."

"Oh, come on! You act like we're still in high school!"

<><><><><><><><><><>

Yeona and Hyuck did in fact skip their next class....and the class after that and the class after that. The two ended up not going back to school at all. It was almost 6:30 PM and they had ended up on the roof of Yeona's apartment complex eating ice cream and swapping stories about their friends. 

"So that's why Renjun never lets me us his pens?!" Yeona shouted in shock. 

"He's crazy, but he's one of us," Hyuck smiled back. 

" 'One of us'? What are you guys like a 'squad'?"

"When we were in middle school we use to call ourselves 'The Dream Team'. It's still the name for our group chat too."

Yeona's mouth hung open in shock. 

"Now I feel like me, Yonghee, and Dohyun need to rename ours."

"Well what's yours?"

"It's literally 'People I Tolerate'!"

Donghyuck couldn't help but burst out into a fit of laughter. 

"What kind of name is that?!"

"We couldn't think of anything better, ok! It was either that or 'I've got a bad idea...'"

"What?"

"We use to get in trouble in high school almost everyday because one of us had some dumb idea and the rest of us just agreed to it."

Hyuck's phone began to ring unexpectedly, causing both of them to stop laughing. 

"It's Mark," Hyuck explained, almost shocked. 

"Well then answer it."

"But he never calls me."

"Then you really have to answer it."

Hyuck took Yeona's advice and picked up the phone.

"Yo, Hyuck where are you? You completely skipped the rest of school and forgot about our plans for after school!" Mark said, almost disappointed at Hyuck.

"Dude, chill. Me and Yeona decided to skip and just chill for the rest of the day."

"Correction, it was suppose to be one class and ended up being the whole day!" Yeona shouted far away from the phone. 

"You're with Yeona?! Doing what? How come she's with you?" Mark kept questioning. 

"Well, yes, chilling, and because she wants to," Hyuck replied obviously. 

"But you guys meet like 3 days ago. I mean, I know you've always thought she was cute, but what does she see in you!? Is it like a date?"

"Okaaaay Mark, I gotta go. Have fun, tell Taeil I'm fine, and I'll be at Johnny's before 7. Thanks Mark," the boy explained rushing through his words to hang up the phone. 

Yeona stared at the boy, not quite sure if she wanted him to know she heard Mark. 

Deciding against is, she asked, "How come you hung up on him like that?"

Donghyuck looked back at her and replied, "He was getting all whiny."

"Well you should probably go. I should text Dohyun and Yonghee, make sure they aren't going crazy that I didn't show up at the library either," the girl explained, getting up off the edge. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, right?" Hyuck questioned. 

"Well, to be honest, I'm not planning on skipping class any time soon, so yes. Plus, I'm pretty sure we start planning our project in art tomorrow."

"Ok then, bye Yeona!" Hyuck shouted walking down the stairs to get back to the parking lot. 

"Bye!' The girl shouted right back. The past few hours was probably the most fun either of them had had in a long time and both couldn't deny that they enjoyed each others presence very much.