How I Think It Should've Ended

It was over. Chuck lost. He was no longer writing this story, he had no control of where this story was going to go because in this world he created, our Sam and Dean were different, our Castiel, our Jack. Chuck was powerless, he was human for the first time in his whole life. He had no control over what the boys did now, they had broken the cycle. The story was now in their hands. However, there was one thing Dean couldn't get out of his head and that was Cas. How Cas had saved him, sacrificed himself to the Empty so that he could go help save the world but it wasn't just that, it was the words he said in the goodbye that hurt him, that resonated with him. It made him rethink everything from the past eleven years.

"I love you." The scene repeated itself in his head all night until his alarm went off. He reached over and dismissed it, sitting up in bed as Miracle, his new dog, jumped in his lap. He rubbed Miracle's head as he looked over to the blood-stained jacket that very night that was hanging off the back of his chair. Reminding Dean that Cas saved him from hell and he knew what he had to do, he had to save him. He had to do this one last thing out of spite to Chuck to prove Cas wasn't some expendable soldier but his home. With that, he got up from his bed with Miracle and walked into the kitchen where Sam was making breakfast.

"We have one last thing to do," Dean told his brother and Sam looked at him as the toast pooped out of the toaster.

"And what's that?" Sam questioned.

"We need to save Cas, if we don't, it's just proving Chuck wins. Chuck gets his ending. This is supposed to be us rewriting our story, Cas is a part of that story." The shorter said, looking at his brother.

"If you want to do it, let's do it." The moose-like agreed. "But I have to ask, did he say anything before he left?"

"No." Dean lied.

"Bullshit but okay." Sam thought but he did say, "Well, let's get fueled up, and then we can get started." Dean nodded in agreement, walking up to the toaster and grabbing the hot toast, then almost dropping it but he caught it and Sam laughed at him, receiving a dirty look from Dean.

______________________________________________

Later, books were scattered all over the table of the library. "I don't know if we can do this, Dean. I can't find anything about how to raise an angel out of the Empty. I can't even find a lot about the Empty." Sam told his older brother.

"We need to keep looking. He would do the same for us." Dean told his younger brother. Then the bunker door opened revealing Eileen.

"Eileen? What are you doing here?" Sam said while signing to her.

"Well, I heard you trying to find a way to bring Cas back, so thought I'd help," Eileen said while signing before coming down the stairs.

"Thanks, Eileen." Dean nodded, before using the little sign language he knows to say thank you.

"No problem, Dean." She nodded before sitting next to Sam and getting into one of the books. Then Dean's phone began to ring and on the lock screen, it said, Claire.

"Did you tell Jody that Cas was dead?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, I did." The younger brother told him and Dean got up and answered it.

"Hey, kid," Dean answered.

"Dean, why didn't you tell me Cas was dead?" Claire asked, obviously angry.

"Claire, I understand you are upset but soon after he died everyone disappeared and Jack just brought everyone back," Dean explained to her.

"Fine." She sighed. "What happened at least?"