Chapter 4

Miss Peregrine returned with a girl who looked a few years over 15. She had beautiful, medium length blonde hair, and icy blue eyes. "This is Emma Bloom" Miss Peregrine introduced the girl. "Hello, I'm Niamh O'Neill. Nice to meet you." I said. Emma turned and began to walk up some stairs. I decided to follow her. We went up to a large room with many beds in it. Emma walked over to a wardrobe and pulled out a pretty dress with frilly sleeves. "You can wear this. It was mine when I was 13." She said. "Thank you very much. I will take good care of it, no worries" I informed her. She gave me a pair of saddle shoes to wear. "Those were also mine. I've outgrown them, obviously. You can keep them." She said. "Neat. Thanks!" I said happily. "Now wash up your face, I have a surprise for you. The sink is right there, in the restroom." She pointed to a room down the hall.

I finished washing my face and came back to her room. She had make up sitting on her bed. "Is it alright if I do your make up?" she asked. "Yes" I replied.

She finished doing my make up and handed me a mirror. It was natural make up with no lipstick, it looked very nice. "You can do make up very well." I said to Emma. "Thank you. The reason I'm doing this is because you are about to meet the other children who live here and Miss Peregrine wants to further explain what happened earlier today, you'll probably want to look nice." She said to me. "Okay. Thank you for everything." "You are very welcome." Emma replied.

We got downstairs and I saw a hoard of children, including Enoch crowding the bottom of the stairs. Enoch kept staring at me. I looked up at Emma, "Is there something on my face or something of that sort?" "No, why?" Emma asked. "Never mind. Just a silly thought." I chuckled to myself. I stared back at Enoch and then after 10 seconds, he blushed and looked down.