Chapter 5

We all sat down at a long table. I sat in a chair but I heard someone say, "Watch it!" A little girl came up to me and said, " That's Millard, sorry. He is invisible. I'm Olive, by the way." "Nice to meet you Olive." I said, "Millard, I am very sorry." "It's alright." He said in a rather rude tone.

I quickly found an unoccupied seat. All of the kids stared at me as if I were an alien. "Children, it isn't polite to stare!" Miss Peregrine scolded. "Now, this is Niamh O'Neill and she will be staying with us maybe until you are finished introducing yourselves." They went around the table introducing themselves. A boy was in the middle of introducing himself when all of a sudden a bee came out of his mouth. "My name is Hugh. Sorry about the bee. You see, I've got bees living inside of me." "Woah, that is very peculiar." I said. "Thanks" he smiled.

After dinner we all went outside. The sun was still out. I sat by a tree and Olive came over to me. I saw her heavy shoes that were used to keep her down to the ground because she was weightless without them, she'd fly up to the sun. "You seem lonely. Enoch told me he'd like to talk to you." She said. "Okay, where is he?" "Over there, by Emma and Horace." She pointed to Emma and a boy wearing a top hat.

I gated over to them. "Hullo, is Enoch here?" I asked. "Yes, sorry." Emma replied with a smirk. Horace and Emma walked over to another part of the backyard and I saw Enoch in the grass yelling at some little dolls who were walking around.

"Enoch? What are you doing?" "Playing with my clay soldiers." He replied. "That is so neat. So, they're like robots, yeah?" "No. What are you like? [meaning are, "Are you stupid?"]" He picked up a clay soldier and opened its chest revealing a small heart. The soldier's eyes closed, slowly. "This is a heart from a rat. This stupid soldier wouldn't even be alive if it wasn't for me." "Impressive. So, you can bring things to life?" "Yes. Why do you ask so many questions?" He asked me. "I do not mean to. I am just so confused." "Okay, then let me ask you some questions. I know almost nothing about you except that you are insanely beautiful and ask lots of questions." He said. "Okay." I blushed. "Where are you from? You have quite a different accent than all of us, including Jacob, who is from America." "I'm from Ireland." I replied. "Nice. I really wish I had an Irish accent. They are like English accents mixed with Scottish accents." "Yeah. I wish I had your accent. It's cockney, but I can hear something a little different in it." "Hah, yes. So Niamh, what time are you from?" "I lived in 1985. That seems so far away compared to the year I am in now." I said. "That IS so far away!" He exclaimed. "I know." I laughed. "What are your hobbies?" He asked. "I really like dissecting animals although, I cannot bring things to life, like you." I replied. "Do you like to be by yourself or by other people?" Enoch asked "By myself. Sometimes with one person, but being by a lot of people makes me feel scared."

Enoch's Point of View:
Niamh and myself were asking each other questions whilst sitting in the grass. The sun shone radiantly on her long black hair and emerald green eyes. She always seemed happy. She had rosy cheeks and light freckles on her cheeks. "You are beautiful." I said to her, I was scared as to what she might say in reply.

Niamh's Point of View:

Enoch was staring at me for a few seconds. Out of nowhere he said, "You are beautiful." Of course I said, "Thank you" to him. He just kept smiling at me. It was unusual because he seemed like such a morose person. The rings around his eyes, I must admit, were pretty cute. They reminded me of a raccoon's eyes. Of course I did not tell him that because I didn't want him to get mad at me.