Chapter 6

We just kept staring and smiling at each other for about two minutes. After a while, I broke out in a guffaw. "What's the matter?" Enoch asked me. "Nothing. I haven't smiled like this in a long time. It's funny because I almost forgot how to smile." I replied. "Oh, hah. Can I show you something?" Enoch questioned. "Of course" I said. He grabbed my hand. This time was different, I felt butterflies in my stomach when he held my hand.

We walked to a gravel trail, away from the house. We walked to a bench in a garden and he sat down. He motioned for me to sit next to him. When I sat down he put his arm around my shoulder. "Is this alright?" He asked in a worried tone. "Yes." I smiled. "The sunset is really nice from over here," He told me, "This is where I go to think and be by myself." "Do you not get lonely here?" I asked. "I get lonely, yes." He replied. "I am sorry you feel lonely." I said trying to console him. I hugged him because, who does not like hugs?

The sun started to set. As I looked at the horizon, I could see the peeking sun shining crimson light onto the fields of tall, brown grass. I was astonished. I had never seen anything like it in my entire life. "That was amazing." I told Enoch.

"I really must be going now, to my old life." I said sadly. "You don't have to go if you do not want to." Enoch said. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Positive. I enjoy having you here." We got up, off the bench, and I leaned in to kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you for showing me the sunset." He immediately blushed until he was red as a tomato. "Enoch, your face is so red." I said. "I know" he said, embarrassed.