Chapter Four: Off To Japan

Start from the beginning

Just then, Mark Dutton (Dutto) rolled up to Braedey. "Since you're gonna be part of this World Grand Prix thing, I'm going to take out that speed limiter you've had. It's only for the competition, then it'll go back in for when we go back to V8 Supercars, got it?" He said.

"Got it. Besides, this is the chance for me to stretch my wheels, and go faster than I've done before." Braedey agreed, popping his hood open. "Go ahead, Dutto."

Dutto got to work with removing Braedey's speed limiter device. It was a bit painful for the racecar, but he tolerated and fought through the pain. Eventually, the device was removed, Leyland nodding to Dutto with the removal, and the device was placed into a box for later use.

"Job done, Braedey." Leyland announced, Braedey now closing his hood. "Are you ready?"

"More than ready. Let's go and win this World Grand Prix." Braedey declared with a roar of his engine, flames spitting out of his exhaust pipes. He was ready to go racing.

~*~*~

Soon, Team McQueen and Braedey, alongside his team (Leyland, Dutto, Annalise, Mary, and another member of the crew) travelled off to Los Angeles International Airport, so they could board the flight to Tokyo, Japan. They are to board a Boeing 747-400 named Everett, who was flying for TurboLoft Airlines.

Sheriff, Ramone, Flo, Sally and Red were at the airport to see their friends off, with some sobbing on Red's part. Eventually, the flight was underway, and they took to the air, heading forth to the island of Japan.

The plane ride was comfortable, especially since the cars were able to get first class seats

The plane ride was comfortable, especially since the cars were able to get first class seats. Braedey spent much of his time on the flight with Mater and McQueen, asleep or reading. The boys were too distracted watching Japanese game shows during the flight.

Eventually, Everett had touched down in the big, bustling, crazy city of Tokyo, Japan. It was sundown once they touched down. Rebecca, Redbulldozer's race transport truck, had arrived a day earlier when she got news from Leyland. She greeted them at the airport, and were soon on their way through Tokyo.

The group could see all the bright and flashing signs and lights across the Japanese buildings, as they drove down the streets, and they even saw some funny promotion product billboards, such as a McQueen vacuum cleaner called 'McClean'. They all couldn't help but laugh at some of them.