The Blackboard Jungle

Start from the beginning

Kevin motioned to the Vixens sign up sheet and Stevie shook her head frantically, mouthing 'absolutely not.', laughing as the boy pouted.

"We encourage each and everyone of you to drink deeply from the cup that is fair Riverdale." Veronica finished

"Stand down, Eva Peron!" Cheryl exclaimed, making her way down the stairs with Reggie, Moose, and a few vixens and football players. Jughead and Stevie shared a look before looking back at Cheryl.

"There's the school spirit I so fondly remember." Jughead stated, causing Stevie to laugh, patting her brother on the back.

"Cheryl," Veronica said, "No one invited Fascist Barbie to the party."

"Wrong, Veronica," Cheryl snapped, "No one invited Southside scum to our school."

Everyone turned to look at Stevie, knowing how she reacts to people talking down on the Southside. Stevie narrowed her eyes at the red-head as Sweet Pea grabbed her shoulders, preventing her from moving.

"Listen up, Ragamuffins," She continued, "I will not allow our above average GPA to suffer because of classrooms that are overcrowded with underachievers. So, please do us all a favor, and find some other school to debase with your hardscrabble ways."

"Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?" Toni demanded, stepping forward; Stevie in tow, backing up her best friend.

"Happily, queen of the buskers." Cheryl cheered, taking a step forward as Stevie and Toni did the same thing, getting stopped by Veronica and Archie.

"Okay, guys," Archie started, standing next to Stevie, "Can we just put our Northside-Southside differences aside and start over? A new slate?"

"Mm," Reggie hummed, "You don't speak for the Bulldogs, Andrews. And need I remind you, these greaser-snakes showed up at your place, trying to kick your ass."

"Happy to finish what we started," Sweet Pea spoke, pushing between Toni and Stevie, getting held back by Jughead and Fangs as Stevie turned to face him, placing her hands on his chest, causing him to look down at her as Veronica stood between the two groups, "God, I am so over the toxic masculinity in this hallway right now!" She snapped

"All right, that's enough pomp and circumstance," Principal Weatherbee snapped, separating the two groups, "Everyone, let's get to class. Now!"

Stevie grabbed the schedule for her friends, letting Kevin lead her to the student lounge, "please tell me one of your very hot serpent friends swings my way."

"I mean, there's Fangs but I don't think he's fully out there yet. Other than that, I don't talk to anyone besides Sweet Pea and Toni." Stevie shrugged as her and Kevin walked into the lounge, "I seriously need to thank Toni for dressing you, and ask her if I can go shopping with her."

Stevie rolled her eyes, dragging Kevin over to the couch where Sweet Pea was, "Sweet Pea, this is Kevin. Kevin, this is Sweet Pea."

"The best friend," Sweet Pea spoke, nodding his head at Kevin, "Stevie never shuts up about you."

"It's nice to see your face without Stevie sucking it off." Kevin smiled as Stevie elbowed both of them, sitting in between them on the couch as Toni sat in the chair to their left and Fangs sat in the chair across from Kevin.

"Thinking about being a Vixen?" Sweet Pea smirked, placing a hand on her thigh. Kevin shared a look with Fangs and Toni as they all smiled at the couple.

"Kevin wants me to try-out but it's not really my thing." Stevie shrugged, putting her hand on the back of his head, playing with the hair that curled at the end of his neck.