Labor Day

"You get the shit kicked out of you all the time, Forsythe

"You get the shit kicked out of you all the time, Forsythe."

The summer for Stevie had been a difficult one. She had spent the first few weeks crying over her breakup with Sweet Pea before Cheryl and Toni decided she had moped around enough.

She had been spending a lot of time with the two over facetime as they went on a trip across the states and she was grateful for the two girls. They ended up giving her an ultimate make-over before they left. She was now sporting green streaks in her hair and Cheryl surprised her with a new wardrobe; all but burning her old one.

Her and Jughead were slowly rebuilding the Serpents and Sunnyside, which was known now as 'Tent-City'. The Serpents had all found or purchased tents and placed them throughout the land.

Stevie and Sweet Pea had avoided each other all summer, up until Stevie saw him and Josie McCoy together outside of his tent, which set her back a bit. So much for taking the summer for themselves.

Things with Stevie and her dad were slowly going back to normal. He still wouldn't tell her why he didn't give her the mantle and that really bugged her. There was no doubt that FP was proud of both of his kids at how well they were leading the Serpents. He knew Jughead needed Stevie by his side to guide him on what to do and Stevie needed Jughead to help her make the rational decision.

One thing that really bugged her was that Sweet Pea easily forgave Fangs. He kept it from him just as much as she did and it seemed like she was the only one out of the three that were suffering. She got her heart broken but Fangs got to keep his best friend.

Anyone barely saw Stevie over the summer, only going to Serpent meetings and running the occasional errand. Cheryl, Toni, Kevin, and then her dad and brother were the only people who ever saw her.

But with Archie's trial coming up, that was about to change.

Betty had been working all summer with Mary Andrews and Mrs. McCoy all summer, going over all of the evidence for Archie's trial. Jughead had told his sister that Andre was the one who killed Cassidy Bullock. So, surprise, surprise. Hiram Lodge was behind Archie's arrest.

It was a scalding day in Riverdale and everyone was miserable. Today was the day the jury would be deliberating Archie's fate and Stevie decided to make an appearance. She felt bad that she had missed out spending the entire summer with her friends but she didn't want to make it even sadder by being bummed out all the time.

Dressed in a black crop-top with red stitched flowers on it, she paired it with high waisted shorts and red fishnets underneath. She topped it off with heeled boots and some silver jewelry. Stevie also had Sweet Pea's dog-tags tucked underneath her shirt.

Walking into the courthouse, Stevie made her way over to her brother and the rest of the Scooby gang, ignoring the looks everyone sent her.

"Hey, did I miss it?" Stevie asked, causing the group to turn around. ¾ of the group were surprised to see the girl, having gone practically all summer without seeing her. Betty, Veronica, and Archie stared at the girl with wide eyes, taken back by her new wardrobe and hair choice.