24. Blinded by the Light

Overall, I was feeling pretty good. I couldn't wait to tell (Y/n) everything that had happened.

If I hadn't been sitting on top of a giant pile of trash in a Dumpster, I would have broken into my victory dance.

So I just did it inside my HEAD instead. But only for about fourteen seconds.

WHY?!

Because that's how long it took me to figure out I was NOW completely trapped inside a fifteen-foot-tall brick enclosure.

A LOCKED fifteen-foot-tall brick enclosure!

Even standing on the top of the Dumpster on my tippy toes, I STILL came up short from the top of the wall.

Which meant there was no way out. . . .

That's when it hit me like a ton of bricks!

The authorities were NOT going to find my DEAD BODY in my locker. Or even in the boiler room.

I sighed deeply and muttered aloud, "PLEASE tell me they're NOT going to find my dead body in a Dumpster full of garbage in the back of this school?!!"

That's when I heard a familiar voice.

"Okay, I'll tell you. Max, they're NOT going to find your dead body in a Dumpster full of garbage in the back of this school!" (Y/n) giggled.

I grabbed the broken cell phone and shrieked happily, "(Y/N)! IS THAT YOU? YOU'RE BACK! It's a miracle this cell is even working! It's completely busted!"

"Yes, I can see that. But you can stop shouting into that busted phone. I'm right here. Look up!"

Suddenly a bright light in my face blinded me. . . .

"What are YOU doing here?!" I gasped

"Well, actually, it's kind of a long story."

"Hey, I'm stuck in a Dumpster. All I've GOT is time! And two busted ortho retainers, forty dirty gym socks, seventeen empty toilet paper rolls, five partially eaten PB and J sandwiches, eighty-nine pounds of rotting mystery meat, etc.," I snarked.

"Well, my parents confiscated my computer for being online after hours and then grounded me so I would become a more responsible young adult. So I didn't have a choice but to hack into my dad's work computer to see what was going on over here. Then I got dressed, disconnected our burglar alarm, crawled out of my bedroom window, and snuck over here on my bicycle to make sure you were okay," (Y/n) explained.

"But I could have been anywhere in this humongous school. How did you know I was in here?"

(Y/n) leaned back and shined her flashlight on the security camera at the top of the building. "When I saw your comic book fly out of that window, I knew it was just a matter of time before YOU'D be flying out of that window after it. That's when I knew I had to get over here. And FAST!"

Suddenly (Y/n) turned serious. "So, are you okay?"

"I'm FINE!" I muttered. "But thank you! For coming over here to check on me. Especially after all of the drama with your parents. I just, um . . . really appreciate it," I gushed.

"Well, let's get you out of here! I called the cops a minute ago, so they'll be arriving soon."

That's when (Y/n) moved her flashlight, and suddenly my whole outfit was in the spotlight. "MAX CRUMBLY! WHY ARE YOU WEARING MY ICE PRINCESS COSTUME?!"

I stared right into her eyes and waved my hands slowly in front of her face. . . .

"Max, are you INSANE?! Or maybe you hit your head when you fell into that Dumpster, because now you are acting CRAZY, dude!"

"Um, actually, that was my attempt at a Jedi mind trick!" I grinned sheepishly.

"Well, your Jedi mind trick obviously DIDN'T work! Now, WHY are you wearing my ice princess costume?!"

"You do NOT see an ice princess—"

"Cut it out, Max, that's not funny!"

"No, I'm very serious. It just might work!"

Suddenly (Y/n)'s eyes glazed over, and she gave me a blank stare.

"I. Do. NOT. See. An. Ice. Princess. Costume," she muttered in a trance-like state.

Of course that freaked me out.

"(Y/n), I was just kidding. Come on, snap out of it! Please!" I pleaded.

Finally she couldn't keep a straight face any longer and burst into laughter. I did too. I mean, it WAS funny. Kind of.

"Come on, (Y/n), seriously. Don't you think I have a cool superhero vibe going on? I actually like it!" I said, striking a macho Batman pose.

"Do you really want to know what I think, Max? I think you'd make a really great understudy for Elsa the Snow Queen in the next blockbuster Frozen movie!" she giggled.

I rolled my eyes at that girl.

THAT was just WRONG on so many levels!

For real!!

Ok guys, thank's for reading!! Tell me in the comments on how the story is!

(Btw plz check out my other stories!!)

Remember to vote, tell your friend's about this story, and to have a good morning/afternoon/night!!

842 words