15. How Not To Wrestle a Thug

I grabbed the box of cookies, hurried through the cafeteria, and cautiously peeked into the hall. "(Y/n), how about an update on Ralph and Tucker? I need to get to the gym."

"Sure, Max. They're both in the eighth-grade math classroom next to the computer lab, waiting on Moose to come back with the office computers. Ralph is still on his cell phone talking to his wife. And Tucker said he was going to draw a picture of his cat, Mr. Fuzzybottoms, on the board."

"Thanks! I'm on my way to the gym right now."

"Just stay clear of the room they're hanging out in and you should be fine. I'll turn the lights on in the gym for you," (Y/n) said. "But hurry! We don't want them to get impatient and go looking for Moose."

I jogged toward the gym, hoping that the doors weren't locked. About thirty seconds later I held my breath, pressed the gym door handle, pulled, and . . .

YES! The door was OPEN!

As I walked into the gym, I had to resist the urge to duck and run for cover.

Sure, the place was completely empty. But I still half expected to get CLOBBERED with a ball, courtesy of Thug Thurston. Ever since I threw up on his shoe in PE class, he has had it out for me. Hey, it was an ACCIDENT! So, DUDE! Get over it, already!

Just yesterday in PE class we were playing tennis and Thug kept slamming tennis balls at my head.

The LAST thing I need right now is to get in trouble at this school, so I just gritted my teeth and ignored him. But don't get it TWISTED!

If I DIDN'T absolutely HATE being homeschooled by my grandma, I would have grabbed the TENNIS BALL THROWER out of the equipment room and chased Thug's LAME behind around the gym until he threw up his Fruity Pebbles breakfast cereal! . . .

I'll never forget the time Thug humiliated me in front of the ENTIRE PE class during wrestling

I'll never forget the time Thug humiliated me in front of the ENTIRE PE class during wrestling. He actually beat me in less than ten seconds!

It really shouldn't have bothered me that much since he's older and almost twice my size.