He noticed the large bookshelf that stood in the corner of the room and walked over to it. Jimin always had a fascination towards books and after not really knowing his brother in law personally, he was curious to see his collection.

He dragged his finger along the dusty books when he noticed one that looked seemingly strange. It had a velvety red exterior with a golden moon inscribed on the front. Placing his finger on top of the book, he pulled forward but instead of falling out, it extended halfway before abruptly stopping.

What the- A low rumbling interrupted his thoughts as the wooden shelf vibrated and edged to the side, revealing a door behind it.

Jimin often saw this in his investigations, but he never expected it to happen here. Looking around to see if anyone saw him, he slowly turns the rusted knob and opens the door, revealing a flight of stairs covered in dust and cobwebs.

Pulling out his flashlight, he shines the light down into the narrow descent and takes his first step. The stairs creaked with each step and the musty smell of meldew invaded his senses. The light lands on a pair of switches and he turns it on.

A cellar? Why would he need that? The more he discovered, the more Jimin became aware that his brother in-law was hiding something. Walking down the hallway past the empty prison cells, he turns a corner and is met by a large room with a desk and chair in the center.

The dull grey walls exhibited an aura of eeriness as Jimin made his way towards the desk. He opened the drawer , placing the wooden slab on the floor before rummaging through the draw. His rushed fingers wrapped around what seemed to be a case file and journal.

The dusty journal has the same peculiar logo as the first book - a golden moon. 

This time, there was a sentence underneath that seemed to be in another language. Jimin recognized it as Greek from his recent investigation in Greece, but he wasn't knowledgeable in the language.

Picking up one of the files he read what was on the front, eyes going wider every time he read a line.

Uncle? Why's he mentioned in a case file?

The Nyx Mafia group?

Quickly flipping the page, his mind tried to wrap around the information given.

300+ murders? Human trafficking? Drugs? Most wanted group... In hiding?

He ran his fingers through his hair before his eyes landed on the slightly dusty journal. Opening it up, he blew on it, the dust flying into the air as the words written now became clearer. He read a few lines, mouth agape when he realized that Jeong Hwan was soon going to be his new case. 

A/N : What do you think Jeong Hwan was up to? 

Now that the 1st chapter of Enigma is out, we hope that you readers will stay with us throughout the journey of this book. You can find our individual accounts here, 

My_Mochi_MoLaLa

_elysxan_07

We've written stories on our accounts as well, so please be sure to support us there as well! Thank you for reading this chapter and stay tuned for a hell of a ride ahead! 

Lots of love,

Shradh & Kim