My parents forced me to take my pills again and Luke didn't come by as often. Almost never. I asked my parents about Luke and they yelled at me, saying he didn't exist. Saying that I should grow up since I was seventeen already. Saying that I was a monster.
I refused to take my pills then.
I figured Luke knew I was taking the pills and was mad so he stopped coming. But it wasn't my fault! It was my parents' fault. They forced me. I did whatever I could to avoid taking my pills. I hid them, I flushed them, I threw them away, I did everything. I had to see Luke.
Eventually, Luke started coming again. My parents kept yelling. I kept arguing. It never ended. One day, after one of their rants, I ran into my room as found Luke on my bed playing cards. I was excruciatingly upset.
"What's wrong?" he asked, looking up from his deck.
"My parents say you aren't real. They say you don't exist," I should have been crying, but I couldn't. Never any emotion.
"Of course I exist, I mean, I'm sitting right here," he said as he rubbed the nape of his neck nervously.
"I know, I told them you were real, but they didn't believe me! They never do!"
"How could they?!" he yelled, extremely dramatic all of a sudden. "Denying their daughter like that, it's despicable! Absolutely horrible!" He threw his arms up scattering cards everywhere.
"I know! What should I do?"
"Well, there's only one way,"

• • •