Chapter five: Hair sniffing and apologizes

Start from the beginning

"if I knew I- if I was there-" Devin looked up.

"I was your best friend, I was suppose to be there for you. It was my job and I let you down. You could of died." Devin looked up at me. "I'm such a horrible friend, with everything." He whispered. "I don't know what I would of done if I heard that you had died." Devin whispered under his breath.

well you wouldn't have known

"Don't do this Devin." I whispered. I hate seeing him vulnerable, because he's not one to be in that state. I could see it in his eyes, That's the downfall of Devin, He gets himself caught in his own feelings.

"No I need to, that day. It was so uncalled for. At least for me. I never wanted that to happen. I wanted you to chase after me like you have been, and then my feelings exploded. I lost you." He said as I remembered what happen.

***

3 years before ...

Devin had been drifting from me and I could see it. I first I thought you know maybe he's busy and is doing something. But then he kept ignoring me. Even in the halls, me and Devin use to be so close and now I don't even know the person I pass by. My heart likes to tell me I still know him. That he's still the same Devin I knew before highschool started. But my brain tries to drill it in my head, to move on to live my life without him because I don't need him. He's a stranger now.

I never know which one to listen to.

I was currently walking to his house. Why? I couldn't tell you myself. It seemed like my feet were walking on their own and I had no say in it.

My heart beated faster as I knocked on his door. He opened it and once he saw my face, his smile turned upside down into a frown.

"oh its just you." Ouch that really hurt.

"wow Devin that really hurt." I said mocking pain by putting my hand on my chest.

"yeah whatever. What can I do for you?" It looked like he was waiting for someone.

"Can I ask what happen between us." I said trying to sound confidant.

"I don't know. Just I think it would be easier if we both stayed away from each other." He said with a cold voice.

"why, we went through preschool, elementary, even middle school together and now you're ready to give up on us freshmen year. Why? Why Devin? Is it because how I look, how my personality is, how I'm not as popular as you. Why? Why?"

"Alex just please." He looked at me. His eyes told me: Stay. Fight. But his face, his cold face told me: Leave me alone I never want to see you again. I was beyond confused.

"But-Why Devin. At least tell me that." I pleaded

"Alex, just leave me alone. I hate you and I hope I never see you again." He said with this expression that made my heart drop.

"if that's what you want then so be it. Goodbye Devin." I said as I walked away.

***

Present day:

"I never meant to say those things, I -" He said as those seven words angered me.

"But you said them." I eyed him.

"Yes I know, I know. You know me. You know how much of a control freak I am, and when something doesn't go my way, my emotions take over. I never got to say this to you. But Alex, Alex I'm sorry. " Devin almost pleaded which was so odd.

"All I had to do was tell you my sob story for you to be pleading?" I said raising my eyebrows.

"No it wasn't like that. I-I've been wanted to tell you this but I could never bring myself to do it. And then I was going to finally say something but then your friend can over." Devin sighed. "please forgive me." Devin looked into my eyes.

"I dunno." I said shrugging. Of course I was gonna forgive him. But is it a crime to mess with him. Devin looked at me. He knew what I was doing. He shook his head and smiled. He got off my bed and went on his knees and took my hands into his.

"Please Alexandra Marie Shields forgive me." He said and I just couldn't help but to laugh. I burst out laughing and I was to the point where I was rolling on my bed.

"Oh. My. God. Yes. I. Forgive. You. I can't. Believe. You. Just did. That. The. Highschool. Bad boy. On. His. Knees. For me." I said while laughing.

"What can I say you turned me into a softie." He said standing up.

"No I didn't. You're always one, you just like to pretend you're a bad boy who has every girl under your spell." I said wiping the tears off my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." He said. "friends?" He said holding his hand out to shake.

"Friends." I said shaking his hand.

I looked up at Devin who had the devils look on him.

Oh no.

He took my hand and brought me into a tight hug. "I missed your hugs." Devin said in the crook of my neck.

"you mean you miss hugging me so that you can secretly smell my hair." I said hugging him back. I was kind of happy that we were back being friends, Okay maybe I was happy a lot, I missed being able to talk to him.  

"No. I have no idea what you're talking about." He said as I heard him sniff my hair again. I chuckled as I heard him laughing, I could feel his grin.  

"Devin you gotta realize that my ear is right were your nose Is, so I can hear you sniffing my hair." I said as he let go of me.

"Okay fine, I miss hugging you so I can smell your hair that has an addicting smell." He said as I shook my head and walked out of my room.

"you coming?" I asked him.

-------------------------

A/N

Another Update.

Now you guys know what happen with Devin and Alex, okay maybe just a little bit, you guys don't know what devin's side of the story is.

What do you guys think of Frank and Devin.

FRANK AND ALEX

OR

DEVIN AND ALEX?

Comment what you think

Don't forget to vote and comment

Xoxo

Brooke