Chapter Fourteen: Mixed Feelings and fireworks

Chapter 14

Me and Devin went out to His mom and dad's cabin A couple days ago. His parents said that it was a good idea to disappear for a little bit because of My mom's killers slowly leaving hints that they know I'm here. We were currently sitting on the couch in the front room of the cabin. Devin was currently channel surfing because there was nothing good on tv.

"Don't you think we should go back?" I said sighing.

"It's up to you, do you really want to go back?" he asked as I gave him a look.

"Go back? Ha, never, but my friends, my family, your family, they are back there and we can't say here hiding from something that is unknown. I'm so sick of running, its time I start fighting instead of running." I said sitting up to look at him.

"Then today you want to go back?" He asked as I nodded my head.

"But not just yet, ya know later on, it's only the afternoon." I said as I crawled on top of Devin and leaned my forehead against his. I didn't know where this was leading to, But I ignored the knot that was in my stomach and just loved in the moment.

 "Yeah, we, defiantly can wait a little bit, what's a couple more hours?" he said as I felt is breath touch the skin of my lips.

"So what would you like to do for the remaining hours Mr. Spencer?" I said running my hands through his soft hair.

"Many thing Ms. Sheilds." Devin said as he flipped me over on the couch so that I was on the bottom and he was on the top. I laughed when he did that. The preteen in me was coming out.

"Can you demonstrate those things?" I said as I raised my eyebrow to him.

"Sure thing miss." He chuckled.

He looked at me, there was some emotion in his eye as he hovered over me. My breathing hitched as he got closer to me. I was paralyzed underneath him as he stayed there teasing me. I didn't trusted myself to talk so I just shut my mouth and watched him. He finally crashed his lips on mine. It felt like world stopped, that fireworks were erupting behind us, That there was world war three going on in my stomach. I brought my hand up to his neck, bring him closer to.

We both Broke away from each other. "I've been waiting forever to do that." He said as I giggled looking at him.

"You're something else."

******************

"Hey Kevin just texted me, he's having a little party, so I was wondering if you wanted to go?" Devin asked hoping into the driver's seat.

"Uh, well last party he had, didn't really go well for me."

"No, it's not going to be that big, maybe thirty to fifty people are going to be there. Nothing too big,"

"hmmm, okay, only if kami is there, I need to talk to her." I said as Devin drove off.

"She will be, frank told me. Hey you'll finally get to meet frank." He said as I chuckled nervously saying and quick, 'yeah'

After what seemed so peaceful, listening to the music blasting out from the radio, and looking out the window to see the stars starting to appear in the sky, we made back home.

We arrived at Kevin's and Devin was right, it wasn't as bad as the other one. I was wearing a V-neck with some ripped jeans, and the hickeys Devin left me, were so noticeable. I'll just blame it on falling down the stairs, yeah they believe me, mhm yeah I'm screwed. I just won't talk to anyone, yeah, that's a good plan.

"I think kami is over there," Devin said pointing over to the kitchen.

"I'll see you in a little bit, I'm going to find Kevin." Devin said walking opposite of me. I walked over to the kitchen to see kami standing next to frank.