Epilouge

War had long-since enveloped the nations.

The orange swordsman assassinated the yellow prince's head knight.

The yellow prince, in retort, had the orange swordsman's daughter assassinated.

One petty act done by a mere child of fourteen who had the political power of an adult was all it took...

The red phoenix sided with the orange swordsman, wreaking havoc across the nation with wildfires and droughts.

The elves and others in the formerly green forest were forced out, seeking refuge elsewhere. Their homes were destroyed, their precious land was gone, and family members' lives were lost. The elven king was always neutral before this time, but now he sided against the phoenix and everything it stood for.

The yellow castle was built by the sea, allowing for easy access to their allied blue nation. They didn't have to wait long for backup to arrive.

The blue nation's water mages, led by the most infamous of all, quickly tried doing damage control by putting out fires. LIttle did they know that the rain they summoned would only cause flooding and monsoons. The water mages were later turned on, causing the mages themselves to turn on each other...

As more and more deaths swept across the land, a thick, purple miasma began to hover around. Originating from a swamp, a woman lamented how things weren't supposed to turn out this way...

Finally, indigo storms seemed to appear out of nowhere, and the land began to tremble.

The land was quickly falling apart, and the war still raged on.

One boy stood all alone where a battle once took place. He had been tasked with digging graves for the fallen soldiers, but he was hungry, tired, and sick of the smell of blood. He looked around the desolate wasteland that was once his homeland before looking up at the sky.

It was darker than ever, and the rumble was getting louder by the second.

He was scared, but then again, he had been scared for as long as the war had raged on, really. He could only do one thing, and that was to continue on with his work before the end.

"Ah, how sad."

The boy jolted before turning toward the voice. Behind him stood a woman with dark clothing.

"Fate has not been kind to you, has it?" She asked.

"Who are you?" The boy muttered.

"Would you like a new fate?" She inquired.

"New fate?" He repeated questioningly.

"Yes, I am Moira, and I control your fate while you're in this world," she explained.

"Why... me?" He asked, albeit hesitantly.

"Nevaeh, Echo, and I came to an agreement and decided to send an innocent to a new world, to give them a new fate," Moira stated before motioning around gracefully. "This world does not have a good fate in store for an innocent like you. Therefore-"

"No, no... Why... me?" The boy muttered as he shuffled in place.

"Because you... are stronger, and we want someone from this world to survive," Moira revealed, "It's selfish of us, however, if only one person from this world could live on, even if it's a mere human peasant like you, than we'd be satisfied in the end."

The boy didn't understand, not really. He nevertheless nodded like he did. "Okay..."

"Wise choice," Moira approved before holding her hand out to the boy. "Just take my hand for a new fate."

"Will it hurt?" The boy asked as he cautiously approached the woman.

She smiled at him as she grasped his hand. "A lot."

The boy immediately tried to jerk his hand away, but it was too late.

A scream filled the air before being abruptly cut off as the boy's hand disappeared from the woman's grasp.

"Do we even know what his new fate will be?" A woman in white muttered as she appeared next to the woman in black.

"No, but that doesn't matter. We just want him to survive in the new world," Moira waved off dismissively.

"How do you know he will survive?" The woman in black asked demeaningly.

"Echo, though he is childish, has never let us down before. You know that, Nevaeh," Moira answered.

"What will become of us if he doesn't?" Nevaeh demanded to know.

Moira waved a hand around, motioning to the dead that were still left unburied.

"How pleasant..." Nevaeh commented.

"This is all we can do for now. We must wait..." Moira looked toward the sky, frowning as the storm continued to brew.

Nevaeh, too, turned her gaze toward the heavens.

The lightning cracked and the thunder rolled.