Family Reunion

"Woah!", Aisha shouted. "This feels like an ambush! What's going on here? Who is that?"

"Aisha, Isaiah, we have something to tell you", Joseph announced. "We have found your son, Kovu."

Kovu stepped forward. " Mother, Father, I have come home."

Isaiah squinted in disbelief. "What kind of a sick joke is this? How dare you pretend to be my son! Kovu has been missing for years and you think you can just show up and take his place?!"

"No, really! I am him. I am Kovu! Please you've got to believe me", he begged. He tried to refrain from crying as tears welled up in his eyes.

Aisha and Isaiah began walking around Kovu in a circle.They closely examined him. Was this really their son? As they did , Kovu watched them.

Isaiah had rare black fur with a charcoal mane.A small part of it was white as snow.He also had violet colored eyes like the flower. Aisha's fur color was that of chocolate and her underbelly was the same tone as Kovu's. She had a dirty blonde bang whipped to side and her eyes had a orange tint.

Aisha stood before him and looked intensely into his eyes. A sparkle passed through them and she gasped. "Isaiah! Come look at this..."

Isaiah came around and stared into Kovu's eyes.It was if he was peering into his soul for his father stood some height above him. He saw the sparkle ,too. "Its him."

Aisha threw her arms around him ,crying. "My baby!" Her voice was mellifluous and smooth. Kovu already loved her. His father embraced him as well.Kovu couldn't take it anymore and finally broke down and started sobbing.

"Oh, my precious, Kovu! Baby, I have missed you so much."

"Just look at how much my boy has grown."

Kovu blushed a little, smiling. "I never thought I'd see this day."

"Oh! What a beautiful family reunion", Nelly said. She looked at Joseph and rested her head on his broad shoulders and sighed. "My nephew..."

"Our nephew", he corrected.

"I bet you're staving. Me and Joseph will try to catch something," Nelly told Kovu. "We'll see you guys back at the den."

Aisha and Isaiah led Kovu to their den. She gave him a half smile. "Kovu, I don't think you should've come back."

He couldn't believe his ears. "But ,But I thought you missed me. I've missed you a lot , that's why I-

"Honey, its not that we didn't miss you. We did.We really did. Me and your father love you to death. It's just that we weren't prepared for you to return."

Isaiah jumped in. "What your mother is trying to say is that nothing has been the same since you left. Kishamajingi is dying. Even with the humans trying to save it, I don't think it can ever be what it use to."

"I know, father. Aunt Nelly and Uncle Joseph told me. I don't care about any of it. All I've wanted was the both of you for some time now.Now I have you and my aunt and uncle. That's more than I could ever wish for."

"We feel the same, Kovu. But, there's no need to be formal. Call me Papa."

"Papa?"

"Yeah, see. It has a nice ring to it."

Kovu laughed and so did Isaiah. "Alright, son, seems like you've been holding up pretty good out there. Nobody messing with you, huh?"

His lips formed a cocky smirk . "Me? Please! I could fight somebody off blindfolded."

"Is that so? ", his father challenged. " Alright, then show your old man what you got!"

Kovu tried to pounce on him but Isaiah was too fast and ducked. Soon him and his father started to play fight.

His mother looked at them and smiled warmly. This was a nostalgic moment. She had missed out on all good times with Kovu, but now she could finally see her son bond with his dad. "Oh, you two..."

Isaiah and Kovu wrestled around some more until Kovu finally pinned him down. He giggled ,happily. "Told ya I'd getcha!"

Isaiah laughed but stopped shortly after he noticed the scar over Kovu's eye. "What's that?"

"What's what?", he asked.

"That scar.Did someone hit you?"

Kovu got off of him. "Oh ,yeah, that."

He didn't want to tell his family about Zira.He just met them and it seemed like they already had a good impression of him. He didn't know what they would think of him if he told them. He couldn't lose them again.

"Um, yeah, but it happened by accident." That was true. It wasn't like Zira meant to make him look more like Scar on purpose.

"Oh"', his father said.

"Kovu, we have something to show you", Aisha told him. "Follow me."

Kovu wondered what it could possibly be. They turned a dark corner leading to the back of the den. The room had a sky light that centered on an elevated rock.

They walked up to it.

"We found her unconscious in the desert. She had a bad wound on her leg so we wrapped it up."

Kovu stared at the lioness that lay almost motionless on the rock. All he could say was, "Kiara..."