No Time For Wedding Bells

By the time the crew arrived back home it was dark. This didn't phase Kovu and Kiara. They were too busy whispering things into each other's ears. This also meant that they didn't see an agitated Simba while coming up the the pathway.

"Where were you?",He questioned.

They looked at each other, not knowing what to say.

Kovu spoke up. "Um...we were doing stuff..."

Simba looked at them appalled. "What kind of stuff?"

Kovu knew what he was getting at and quickly corrected the misunderstanding. " Oh no! No, no! we didn't do that."

Kiara shook her head. "Of course not, we'd never... we'd never do that".

"Well I wouldn't say never", Kovu said on the sly and Kiara gave him warning glare.

"Well, what were you doing?" ,Simba said sitting down, waiting patiently for a response.

"Well I went to go see Rafiki..."

"And I went to the lagoon with Ashanti..."

Simba nodded for them to keep going.

" Oh, and don't forget about the secret wedding you had behind your father's back", Pumbaa blabbered.

All eyes shot back at him.

"Wedding?", Simba asked confused.

"Well look at the time", Timon said glancing at his imaginary watch. "Looks like we should be going". He yawned. "Past our bedtime... so ...yeah... C'mon Pumbaa lets run!", And they took off for home, leaving the lions to handle the situation.

 "Did I hear something about a wedding?", Sarabi said coming out  the den with Nala.

 "Did you guys have a secret wedding behind our back?", Simba asked.

They looked at each other lost for words and looked at the ground. "Yes..."

How could they have been so stupid, Kiara thought. Now they'd never get to see each other again. They should've known better than to go behind the king's back and have a secret ceremony. Now, they were doomed.

Sarabi tried to come to her grand-daughter defense. "Simba, these kids are young and in love. You should've known they were gonna do something like this sooner or later."

Nala and Simba looked at each other and started laughing...they were actually laughing.

She looked at her son like he was crazy. "Alright, that's it ,I'm going back to bed. You two have fun with that, goodnight."

Kovu and Kiara looked at them like they were crazy, too. Did they miss something?

"Goodnight , mom", he called after Sarabi then, returned his attention back to his daughter and her boyfriend/ unofficial husband.

"Listen," he started but then Nala began to talk.

"Listen, if you wanted to make your relationship officially unified you should've just came to us. Your father and I are so proud that you two love each other so much."

Simba nodded. "Its like when me and your mother first fell in love", and he licked the side of her face.

"Oh, Simba", Nala blushed.

'Oh, brother', Kiara thought. She knew her parents loved each other but did they really have to display it right there in front of her.

"So, you're not mad?", Kovu confirmed making sure he was still on their good side.