He walks into Darnell's room, helping him get dressed as I get ready.

•••

I giggle as we climb out of the car, "The workers are going to think we're insane for buying a Christmas Tree this late." I state.

He smiles softly, "They shouldn't care. I want to spend Christmas with my family and we need the tree to make it special." He states.

I giggle, helping Darnell climb out of the car.

Derek grabs one of Darnell's hands as I grab the other, guiding him around the maze of tall trees.

Derek shakes his head, "How do we even know the tree is going to fit?" He asks.

I giggle, "What do you mean?" I ask, blushing as I bite my bottom lip playfully.

He shakes his head, "We don't know how tall the room is. How do we know the tree won't burst right through the roof?" He asks.

I giggle breathlessly, "Then we'll repair the roof." I state, shrugging my shoulders.

Derek gasps, "Repair the roof!? And why would we spend that much money!?" He asks, clutching his chest playfully.

I giggle, grasping snow off the ground. I bunch it up into a ball, threatening to throw it at Derek.

He chuckles, "Woman! I swear-" He begins.

I grin playfully, chucking the snowball at Derek as he shrieks, grabbing snow of the ground.

I squeal, trying not to slip as I hide on the other side of the tree.

I squeal as Derek grabs my wrist, spinning me around rapidly, "Derek! I swear to God if you throw that snowball at me!" I exclaim.

A cocky grin spreads on his face as he tosses the snowball in his hand before chucking it at me.

I gasp, wiping the snow out of my braids.

Derek chuckles as I help Darnell bunch up snow into a ball.

I giggle softly, "C'mon buddy. Throw it at your dad." I whisper, gesturing Darnell towards Derek.

Darnell smiles, tossing it at Derek, "Ooo boy, you gon' get it!" He exclaims, tickling Darnell as he tosses him over his shoulder.

Darnell screams as I giggle softly, smiling at the sight of both of my boys.

I bite my bottom lip as Derek grasps my arm, pulling me closer, my body warming up at his touch. I smile softly, looking up at him.

•••

I climb out of the car, helping Darnell out as well. I turn to Derek as another car pulls up behind ours.

"Who's that?" I ask, looking over at him.

Derek chuckles, "I needed help and backup so I can get this tree inside." He states.

I giggle as Hotch and Emily get out of the car, followed by Spence and a brown-haired girl.

"Hey guys!" Derek exclaims, grinning.

I smile softly, approaching Spence, "Hey Spence! It's so good to see you!" I state, turning to the girl standing beside him.

She smiles softly, "Hi. I'm Lexie. Lexie Grey."

I smile, "I remember! You were at the wedding!" I state, smiling softly as Derek comes up from behind me, kissing my cheek.

Lexie nods as she places out her hand, shaking Derek's hand firmly.

Derek nods slightly, "Hey there. I'm Derek Morgan. You are..." He begins.