26 : interruptions

d e r e k .

"You have no taste in house searching." Jules states, giggling breathlessly.

I chuckle,"C'mon. What about this one?" I ask, sitting next to Jules on the couch to show her my laptop.

She looks at the house, "That house doesn't even have a sink!" She squeals, shaking her head in disbelief.

I chuckle, "Okay Miss Thing, would you like for your house to have a sink?" I ask in a playful tone as my eyes meet hers.

She smiles softly before grabbing a pillow and hitting me with it.

"Oh, that's how you wanna do things?" I chuckle, placing my Laptop on the other side of the couch before grabbing a pillow, lightly hitting her back.

She playfully tackles me, as I fall backyards on the couch, leaning against some throw pillows. She falls onto the couch with me, resting in my lap, her body placing between my legs, with her elbows propped up on my hips. She smiles at me softly.

"We need to get an apartment." She states, "We've been putting this off for too long."

"And we will get an apartment-" I begin.

She cuts me off, "With a sink." She giggles.

I chuckle, shaking my head, "Yes, madame, we will get an apartment with a sink - soon. Very, very soon." I state with a proud smile.

"Good." She states, giving me a soft smile.

She rests her head on my stomach, letting out a comforted sigh - the same one she lets out every time she feels safe, comforted, and as if all her needs in the world have been met. My hand runs through her hair, stroking it carefully as she drifts into sleep.

•••

We're suddenly awakened by loud banging at my apartment door. Jules panics a bit, sitting up on the couch.

I look at her, longingly, "It's okay, it's okay." I state, "Lemme just check who it is. Okay?"

She nods slightly as I open a door to Hotch.

"Good Morning." Hotch states, walking into my apartment.

"Yeah, sure, come on in." I state in a sleepy tone, rubbing my eyes as I move out of the doorway before shutting it behind me.

I turn on my heels, heading into the Living Room with Hotch and Jules.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" Jules asks in a confused tone.

"Foyet is back. He striked again." He states in a firm, heavy tone, shooting us both glances.

My jaw drops, "Oh shit-" I state, "I mean- uh- how can we help?" I ask, sitting beside Jules.

He shrugs, "For now, nothing, but we need to make this an active case." He states.

"You got it." We nod along with his plan as he runs us through all of the plans he has.

I glance at the clock - 4:48 am.

Hotch glances at the two of us, "I'll let you guys sleep it off. Be at the bureau at 10." He states, heading towards the apartment door.

Jules shows him the way out, shutting and locking the apartment door behind him.

"That was weird." She states, giggling softly.

"Are you okay?" I ask, my tone going firm and serious - but sympathetic at the same time.

She nods, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She asks.