39 : take on the world.

d e r e k .

-time lapse: december 12th-

I pace back and forth as Reid eyes follow me around the room, "This is it. It's the day. The day." I state, my body trembling.

Reid chuckles, "Yeah and you're an emotional trainwreck. You've gotten more steps in the last 21 seconds than I have in FBI Academy Training...which is saying a lot." He  states, mumbling a bit as he bites into chocolate.

I shake my head, "Reid, I am dedicating my life to Jules. I am actually getting married."

Reid chuckles again, "You could've gotten married to Savannah..." He states.

I shoot him a deadly glare, "Don't make me come over there and smack you." I state.

Reid shoots up his hands in surrender and defense, "Hey, hey, hey... I'm just saying."

I begin pacing again, "Y'know as my best man, you're supposed to be helping." I state.

Reid sets the box of chocolates down, "Well, as your best man, I could also drive the getaway car... I mean, are you really ready to spend the rest of your life with her?" He asks in a low, serious tone.

I stop in my tracks, "Reid!" I exclaim.

He shakes his head, "I'm sorry. It's not like I don't want you guys to get married. It's just- I can't imagine you getting married. Like-" He pauses, thinking for a minute, "I don't know... I'm just so used to you talking about a new girl every week." He mumbles.

I shake my head, "This is different. Jules is the girl of my dreams. I need to marry her. It's like- if I don't or if I lose her... I don't think I'll ever see the light of day again." I mumble, cracking my knuckles nervously.

Reid nods in understanding, "She brings out the best in you. I mean, hell, you're actually getting married in-" He pauses, checking his watch, "exactly 4 hours, 32 minutes, and 6 seconds." He states, matter-of-factly.

I nod, "I'm ready. I-I'm ready." I state in a reassuring tone.

Reid looks at me dead in the eye, "Are you sure you're not having second thoughts?" He asks, examining my facial expressions and body language closely.

I scoff, chucking a throw pillow at him, "Will you knock it off and stop profiling me? I can still get a new best man y'know." I state.

Reid clutches at his chest as he gasps, "You wouldn't dare!" He exclaims.

I chuckle, shaking my head, "Oh I so would."

Reid begins to fake cry, wiping the "tears" from off his cheeks as he hugs the throw pillow that I threw at him.

I chuckle, walking towards the door, "Alright Pretty Boy, I'm gonna go check on Jules and see how she's doing." I state.

Reid pounces off the couch in the groom's suite, stopping me at the door, slamming it shut again.

"What the hell?" I ask rhetorically, taking a step back as I try to recollect my thoughts.

Reid shakes his head, "I wouldn't go out there. If Garcia sees you anywhere near the bridal suite or anywhere near Jules before the wedding, she'll literally kill me." He states, his hand pressing on the door.

I chuckle, shaking my head, "Why can't I go see Jules?" I ask.

Spence shakes his head, "Garcia claims it's bad juju and it gives bad luck for your future marriage." He states.

I shake my head, "You really believe that?" I ask, glancing at the know-it-all genius.

Reid pauses, "Statistically, I have never read up about it so I'm not quite sure but I don't think that the theory has ever been scientifically proven...and I'm all about science so probably not." He states, pressing his lips together tightly.