31 : marry me?

j u l e s .

I climb onto the bed in the couples' suite as Derek does the same thing. I cuddle against his bicep as his warmth takes over my body. I smile softly as we watch Toy Story 4. I let his warmth take over my body as my mind wanders.

Derek could've taken me anywhere in Quantico, Virginia for our anniversary...but he chose Chicago. Now, I know that he wanted to take me to dinner at the diner and football field - recreating our first date, a year later - but something still feels off. Why? I think to myself.

My thoughts get interrupted as Derek chuckles, "What are you thinking about?" He asks in a playful tone, brushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"Just some things." I state with a soft, blushed smile.

Derek nods in understanding, stroking his hand throughout my hair.

The soothing touch of his hands makes my eyes flutter shut in comfort - and because of the utmost lack of sleep, but mainly for comfort. I end up drifting off to sleep to his touch, warmth and comfort taking over my body as I snuggle closer to Derek.

•••

I let out a soft, muffled groan as Derek chuckles.

"C'mon sleepy head, our flight is about to land." He states, chuckling breathlessly as he shakes my arm - causing more fuss as he attempts to wake me up.

I let out another muffled groan in response, "Five more minutes." I state in a grumpy, childish tone.

I open my eyes discreetly to the vision of Derek shaking his head, letting out a breathless chuckle.

"I can see your eyes opening y'know." He states, his arms charging at my sides as he tickles me.

I let out breathless squeals and giggles as Derek chuckles, shushing me every time I squeal or giggle too loudly.

The plane shifts mid-air as I roll over, escaping from Derek's strong grip.

I giggle breathlessly as he charges back onto the bed, trying to grasp a hold of my body again.

"The plane is landing. We have to grab our things." I state, escaping his grip as I climb off the bed, opening the window to show him that we're landing.

Derek lets out a stifled groan, "You ready to get mauled by my sisters?" He asks in a playful tone.

I giggle, biting my lip. I nod slightly as my lips pierced together.

Derek chuckles, pulling me closer to him.

"They're mean and vicious." He states.

I shake my head, "Oh please. They were the sweetest to Reid." I state.

"That's because he's Pretty Boy! You're a girl, that I'm taking home after a year of dating." He states.

I giggle, "I met them once before, a second time of thorough talking won't hurt anyone." I state in a confident tone.

He pierces his lips together and nods rapidly, "We'll never hear the end of it." He states as I playfully roll my eyes and shake my head.

I jokingly push him away, grabbing my phone, and sitting on the bed.

•••

The plane lands as I let out a small sigh, worry about the smallest things building up inside of me. I really do not want Derek to get in some sort of trouble while we're here again. I really can not deal with Hotch, my mom, or Gordinski. I just want to let go and have fun with Derek.