"Where is she?" I ask in a low tone, looking around.

"Where is who?" Hotch asks.

I glance around the team, "Jules. Where is Jules? The last time we talked, her water broke. Is she okay?" I ask in a low tone.

"Annie is in labor!?" Hotch exclaims as I nod, looking over to Garcia.

Garcia smiles softly, "I sent her to the hospital. She's okay." She states reassuringly.

I let out a relieved exhale, "Let's get to the hospital then." I state, walking towards the SUVs.

Reid follows after me, "Wait Morgan! You need to get checked out by the medics!" He calls out.

I shake my head, "We're heading to the hospital anyways, so I'll just get checked out there. Let's go." I state, gesturing to the team.

The drive to the hospital is quick - Hotch turns on the sirens to the SUV, making us arrive a lot faster to the hospital.

We arrive in the emergency room, blood dripping down my body.

Dr. Kepner looks up from her patient, her eyes meeting mine. Her brow furrows in concern as she approaches us slowly.

"Derek? What happened?" She asks.

I chuckle, "I'm okay. I got hurt while being a superhero and saving the world. Can you just get me stitched up?" I ask as she nods.

I take a seat on one of the hospital beds in the ER as Dr. Kepner grabs sutures, "Where's Julianna? How has she been? Does she know that you're here?" She asks in a curious tone.

I chuckle and nod, "Jules is currently in the labor and delivery wing." I state with a soft smile.

Dr. Kepner gasps and squeals, "She's having her baby right now!? What are you doing down here then!?" She exclaims.

I gesture to my arm as Reid pulls open the curtain, "He was busy pulling a stunt - which is the reason why Annie went into birth." He states, handing me and Dr. Kepner coffee.

Dr. Kepner giggles and blushes, "Thank you for the coffee." She states as Reid nods, piercing his lips together.

"Of course." He responds with a soft smile as Dr. Kepner finishes up my stitches.

"Done." Dr. Kepner states with a soft smile.

I hop of the hospital bed, "Thank you. Now that you are done, I'm gonna go watch my fiancee give birthday to my new baby boy."

"Fiancee!?" Dr. Kepner squeals.

I nod as Reid chuckles, "They got engaged in Chicago." He states.

I nod, "You're invited to the wedding, don't worry." I state.

Reid smiles, "Yes she is." He states, blushing softly.

I glance at him and then to Dr. Kepner, "Well then, I'll leave you two lovebirds alone." I state with a soft chuckle.

I turn on my heels and walk away, heading straight for the elevator.

•••

I arrive on the labor and delivery floor, walking out of the elevator, heading straight for the front desk.

"Hi, I'm looking for Julianna Hotchner." I state as the nurse nods, tapping on her keyboard.

"Derek?" A familiar female voice calls out.

"Dr. Montgomery!" I exclaim, pulling her into a tight hug.

"What are you doing here?" She asks with a soft smile, pulling out of the hug.

"Jules went into labor." I state, a huge smile dancing on my lips.

"Congratulations!" She cheers.

"She's in room 401B." The nurse states.

"Here, I'll show you to it." Dr. Montgomery states, walking me to the room.

She lightly taps on the door, hearing a mumbled come in, before opening it.

Dr. Montgomery walks in first, "Julianna, I have a visitor for you." She states with a soft smile, gesturing towards me as I walk in as well.

"Hi, baby." I state with a soft smile.

Happy tears roll down Jules cheeks as she squeals in relief, "Oh thank God! You're okay and alive!" She states, pulling me into a tight hug.

I chuckle, pulling out of the hug after a little bit.

"You scared the hell out of me!" She exclaims, punching my arm in slight anger.

I chuckle, "I'm sorry! I told you I wasn't going anywhere. I'm not leaving your side. I'm here till the end." I state.

She smiles softly as Dr. Montgomery clears her throat, "I'm sorry. Did you just say he's alive?" She asks in a curious tone.

Jules nods, "His dumbass got into an ambulance with a bomb and it exploded while I was on the phone with him." She explains, pushing me over.

Dr. Montgomery gasps, "What the hell were you thinking?" She asks, chuckling at my stupidity.

I shake my head as Jules winces in pain.

Dr. Montgomery jumps off her chair, "Okay Annie, it's time to start pushing." She states.

Jules glance to me, her eyes watering - slight fear in the distance of her glance.

I stroke Jules hair in comfort as Hotch and Haley walk into the room.

"Mom! Dad!" Jules squeals.

Haley approaches Jules' bedside, "It's gonna be okay Annie, you got this. A couple of pushes and you will meet the light of your world." She states, giving Jules' hand a small squeeze in comfort.

Jules lets out a painful groan.

This is it. I'm becoming a dad.

•••

I smile softly, stroking my baby boy's cheek as the team fills the room.

"He's beautiful." Garcia states as I nod, not wanting to take my eyes off him.

"Annie, how are you feeling?" Emily asks, gesturing towards Jules, who's laying beside me on the hospital bed.

"I'm okay." She states with a soft smile.

"Does he have a name?" JJ asks.

I shake my head, "Not yet." I state.

"We haven't found the perfect one yet." Jules states, smiling softly as she glances at the precious baby boy in my arms.

What is the perfect name for this baby boy?

I smile softly, glancing over to Jules as both of our eyes glisten in agreement.

"Darnell." We state in unison, smiling softly.

"Woah. That was a quick agreement." JJ chuckles.

I chuckle, "What can we say? Great minds think alike." I state, shrugging my shoulders.

"It's a beautiful name." Hotch states.

"Thank you." Jules stands, giving him a hug.

Welcome to the world, Darnell.
------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note:
ahh! okay, okay! i'm so sorry for the cliffhanger last chapter! i hope you all enjoyed this chapter! thank you all so much for 3.67k reads! i love you all so much! happy thanksgiving! <3
-

-----------------------------------------------------------------