Chloe

Chloe

"Do you want to do the math or reading first?" I asked my little brother, William. We were sitting at his desk in his room. I was trying to help him with his homework because I knew my mom nor my dad would.

"I don't want to do homework!" He screamed.

"When I was your age I didn't like school either but now I do." I lied. I've always like school, there wasn't a time when I didn't like it. "And plus don't you want to be just like Daddy? And get a lot of money?"

"Yes, but I don't want to do homework." He said but this time calmer.

"Ok let's make a deal, you do math now and then after dinner you do your reading." I said holding my hand out.

"Deal!" He said happily shaking my hand. We've always made deals ever since he was a baby.

*Nine years ago*

"Ok Will, you have crayon now but after I have it. Deal?" Seven year old me said holding my hand out. One year Will didn't know how to talk so he said nothing but grabbed my hand.

*Back in present time*

"All right Will, then let's get to it." I said getting his math book and seeing what he needs to do. A few seconds after just getting done with helping William with his math my mom calls us down for dinner.

At the dinner table is my brother, my mom, and me. My dad always work late but I know it's for the better. "So Chl, how was school?" My mom asked looking at me.

"Yeah, I was wondering if I could go to Alice house this weekend." I asked, answering her question.

"Of course just be back the night of Sunday." My mom said. I've always been able to have Alice over but I wanted to go to her house this time. I wonder how her brother is. Hopefully his not like the other guys I know.