6. A Night To Remember

Start from the beginning

“Where are we going?” I ask, placing a hand on his thigh.

A smirk develops on his features and a twinkle is in his eye as he turns to face me, “You’ll soon find out.”

“I hate surprises,” I pout.

“This is one that you’ll love,” he says, lifting my hand to his lips.

***

The car comes to a stop in front of a restaurant that I’ve never seen before, but just by the looks of this place, I can tell it’s for the elite.

Stepping out, my eyes can’t help but admire the elegance of the building.
It’s in the posh part of town; The Waterfront, so I don’t even want to know what the bill is going to look like. The restaurant is situated along the coast; the ocean a deep blue and the sand a pristine white. Reading the sign, hanging from the door, I can’t pronounce the name.

We climb up the black stairs and reach the glass door, framed with an emerald green, wooden doorpost. The host greets us; he has bright brown eyes, no hair and ebony skin, short in stature but his grin huge with personality. His uniform is a typical black suit.

“Reservation?” The man asks, checking the list.

“Remington,” Sven answers, placing his hand on my back.

“Ah, here!” The man exclaims, ticking off the name, “Follow me,” he adds.

We take after the gentleman, I try my best to keep my composure when I see the table Sven’s booked. This is indeed going to be a night to remember.

It’s a small dark wooden, rounded table, accessorised with glass placemats, a few lit candles and a bottle of champagne in the middle. The table is seated on the balcony with a breath-taking view of Table Mountain and the deep ocean. The railing is magnificent, it’s devoured with white fairy lights.

“Here we are,” The man gestures with his hand, pulling out a chair for me to take a seat.

I give him a tight smile and sit down on the all too comfortable chair with Sven opposite me.

“What do you think?” Sven asks, pouring the alcohol beverage in our glasses.

A grin tugs on the corners of my lips as I put my hands on the table, “You really outdid yourself, didn’t you, Mr Remington?”

“You could say that,” he laughs out, “Since you know my last name, what’s yours?” He asks, lacing his fingers over mine.

“Read,” I reply, lifting the crystal champagne glass to my crimson lips.

“Beautiful,” he says, looking at me, causing me to stop what I’m doing.

“The view? Oh, I know, it’s lovely, isn’t is?” I reply, spreading my arms to showcase the beauty of our surroundings.

“You are really something else, Miss Read,” he sighs out.

“I know,” I reply, clasping his hands in mine.

“The starters will be out any second,” the waiter interrupts us.

“Thank you,” Sven responds with a nod.