2. Wanna Be My Date?

A ringing drags me out of my deep sleep and I'm confused at first of where the sound is coming from but then I realise it's my phone. I lean over to grab the device from my wooden nightstand, that matches the dresser and cupboard and see it's a video call from Erina.

Not caring how terrible I look, I answer it while squinting until my eyes finally manage to adjust to the brightness of the screen. Surprisingly, Erina is already dressed and ready for the day with her tea in her hand. Confusion strikes me because she isn't a morning person at all, not in the slightest. I glance up to the right hand corner of the screen and see that it's already eleven o'clock. Thank God it's a Saturday.

"Wow! You look hot," Erina laughs out while taking a sip of her beverage.

"Yeah, yeah. I just woke up," I say, rolling my eyes while propping myself up against the leather headboard.

"Funny that you're only up now, it's about eleven, Sky."

"It was a rough night, okay and my shifts were heavy the past week. Cut me some slack, will you."

"Just pulling your leg, love," she laughs out.

"Yes well stop, my leg is tired of being yanked. Why'd you call?" I ask, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"I called to check up on you. You weren't yourself last night, Sky. I'm coming over by the way," she says, taking a large gulp from her mug this time. I seriously don't know why she prefers tea over coffee.

"You don't even have a car, how are you going to get here?"

"Koda is picking me up on his way to the office."

"Right..." I say, gritting my teeth.

"Sky, things are alright between Koda and I. Also, please, it's his birthday party today. So please just be civil for my sake," she pleads.

"Oh yes, I have to mentally prepare myself for that, don't I," I remark, letting out a sigh. "Where's it going to be?" I add.

"He said he wants to keep it small, so it'll just be a get together at his penthouse with old friends from university and us."

"You really fell with your ass in the butter, didn't you?" I respond, scrunching my nose.

"Well, yes, but I promise I am not a gold digger, Sky," she laughs out.

"Yes, I know, Erina. If you don't like someone, you can't stand being around them. Doesn't matter how much money the guy has. That's what I love about you. You're real," I say, giving her a smile.

"Aww, thank you," she squeals, giving me a heart-warming smile that reaches her chocolate brown eyes. "Oh, Koda's here! I have to go. See you in about fifteen minutes, and you better not still be sprawled in your bed, you lazy ass," she says jokingly, blowing me a kiss.

"Promise I won't. See you later, Pluto," I respond and end the call.

I rub my face with my palms and let out a groan as I drag myself out of my bed and my feet hit the cold floor. I take a look around and see the morning sun seeping through the grey curtains, showing the specs of dust floating in the morning light. I push myself out of bed and put on my pink furry slippers and tie my hair into a ponytail.

I then grab my phone that's tangled in my covers and pass by my mirror on the dresser and almost have a heart attack, by the look of my old makeup, crusted face. "Yeah, attractive," I say dryly.

Passing Lizzy's room, I notice that she's still not home. She's probably at her parents or girlfriend. You'd think that I'm a shit housemate, not being that bothered that Lizzy isn't here but this is just a usual occurrence for her. I quite enjoy it.