i. salt, seagulls, and a strange girl

ELLIOT

     Falmouth. A small town on the coast of Cornwall, England. Elliot wasn't quite sure why he was here, he was a Londoner, born and raised, and had never been quite fond of the sea. He nursed the cigarette pressed between his fingers, grimacing at the seagulls loudly squawking above him.

He needed a coffee, something bitter to match how he had been feeling for the past months. It was early morning, the salt in the air mixed with cigarette smoke wasn't enough to calm his racing mind as he aimlessly wandered through the empty streets. The tourist season had passed and autumn was slowly approaching. The cold wind stung slightly on his cheeks and he internally scolded himself for not wearing a scarf.

     Right as he was about to give up and go back to his hotel room, a small sign caught his eye. Written in cursive letters with pink chalk, Elliot read it with small grin.

Aphrodite's Corner
Open!
Welcome, coffee and book lovers

LUNA

"Margot! Have you already finished reading the books you borrowed?" Luna exclaimed in shock as she peeked her head out between the rickety bookshelves, eyes widening at the greying woman who had just entered the old building. Margot chuckled heartily, waving her free hand dismissively before dumping the large pile of books by the closest table. "I have indeed... you should challenge me more, Luna." She jested, hobbling over to the sofa. "Enough about me and books, how are you?"

     The question made Luna smile, stepping onto a slightly unstable wooden ladder, she answered " I'm great, woke up well rested and everything."

     Margot watched with worry as the younger woman muttered to herself, searching the higher bookshelves for something. "J... Janice, Joanne, ah! Joyce! So, Mar, you want to be challenged aye?" Luna pushed herself forward, making the ladder roll over to another section of books. The front door bell chimed and the footsteps of a new visitor creaked on the old wooden floors. "Oh! Margot, I will get your books in a second. You could go sit down at the cafe if you'd like, I need to go greet the other visitor."

ELLIOT

     The smell of freshly brewed coffee and old books filled his senses as he opened the front door. Elliot quirked an eyebrow, hearing a woman's voice call out "just a second!" quickly followed by quiet cussing and wood creaking. Feeling slightly out of place, Elliot stood awkwardly by the doorway, lips pressed in a thin line as he scanned his surroundings. He had never gotten used to silence, having the need to always fill the emptiness with music.

     Then, a head of thick curly hair popped out from behind a bookshelf. It was a woman about his age, a warm smile spreading across her face as she walked up towards him. "Hi! Welcome to Aphrodite's Corner, how can I help you?"

Elliot looked like a fish out of water, internally cursing himself out for not being able to act like a normal human being. The librarian was pretty. Slightly odd, but pretty. Elliot stumbled on his words, eyebrows furrowing in frustration at his inability to form a coherent sentence.

"Uhh... do you serve coffee?"

Honey is typing...
first chapter done!! they will get longer and have less pov switches as the story progresses, just need to build a foundation first :)

hope you guys like it! don't be afraid to read my other book "losing you" (it's about Joel Miller in tlou)
it's a bit darker than aphrodite's corner but I am super proud of it!